15. So We Meet Again

She threw on her hoodie and had her backpack slung over her shoulder. Her palms were sweating and she was a little shaky.

She whispered to herself, "Okay, high school. New start. I'm going to be fine." She stepped outside and the cool air hit her, only slightly cooling her off. She went down her front steps and looked towards Jake's house. Their car was gone. He had already left. She turned and started walking. She had a slightly longer route, since the high school was a couple blocks away from the middle school.

She stood in front of it. It looked just like any other building. But unlike any other building, she was terrified to walk inside. She blended into the big crowd of people walking in, and finally got inside. She walked around a bunch of people, until she bumped into one.

He said, "Watch it!"

She looked up and saw who it was. "Joe. I'm sorry. I uh, I didn't see you."

"Oh. It's you."

I said, "Uh, yeah."

She kept thinking to herself, New start, new start.

She said, "Oh, I uh, I see your skin cleared up. And you changed your hair. You look...good." It hurt her to compliment him, but she felt like she needed to do it.

"Uh, thanks." He looked her up and down, looking for something to return the compliment. He said, "Uh... You're taller. And your boobs are bigger."

"Um...thanks?" He nodded proudly. She just walked away.

She got out her map and locker number, then looked for her locker. Once she found it, she tried out her combination. She failed twice and got it on the third try. As she stuffed in her books, someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and saw a girl dressed in all black with black makeup, boots, and hair. She had a small tattoo by her wrist of a black cross and a piercing on her nose. She wasn't sure if they were fake or not.

"Remember me?" Her voice sounded very familiar.

"Miranda?" She nodded with this evil look on her face.

She pushed her against the lockers behind her and whipered, "You stole him from me. And I'm gonna get you back. You can count on it." She stepped back and said, "See you later." She winked and walked off.

As she stuffed books into her locker, she thought, Yeah, it's a new start alright. This is just great...

The five-minute bell rang. She got the books she needed and checked her map again. She wrote her classes in order on the map, next to their rooms. She followed the halls to her first class, math.

All of her classes were pretty normal, but she was dreading Health. A lot.