-3-

-Ariana-

"Hey, I'm Ariana." I said to the hunk of a boy that just sat down next to me.

"Uh, hi-um, I-uh I'm-" he stumbled but I cut him off

"Hayes, I know."

"Oh yea-uh right." He said and turned back to the front of the class.

"So class, today your gonna be working in partners for finding meaningful quotes that go with your topic. You must find 15, and you will work on it in class but, only today and it is due in a week." My teacher said and everyone groaned. "And to be nice, I'll let you guys choose your partners." she said walking back to her desk as we all cheered and socialized looking for a partner.

"Hey uh, I don't really know anyone else in here so I was wondering if maybe you want to be partners? I mean its okay if you don't want to I'm-" he rambled and I cut him off again.

"I would love to be your partner, Hayes." I said taking his wrist and walking to the corkboard where the teacher posted the poems we could choose from and there were 3 categories; Courage, Fear, and Love. only problem was that there could only be 4 groups per category, I went to reach for Courage, but was pushed out of the way and soon all the papers were gone then I went to reach for Love, cause why not and surprisingly, all the papers were gone, leaving me with Fear. I shrugged and took the paper walking back over to Hayes, who was nervously tapping his pencil against the desk we decided to work at.

"Well, looks like we got stuck with fear." I said and Hayes suddenly looked a little less nervous. We smiled and we started working, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." I said almost instantly.

"Wow, how did you come up with that?" He said writing it down.

"Well, its one of my favorite quotes and its by Franklin Delanore Roosevelt, one of my favorite presidants, I did a project on him and when I came across that quote it gave me some kind of courage, telling me that life has things ahead and I can't be afraid of everything, after all the only thing I have to fear, is fear itself." I said smiling to myself.

"Well, that sounds amazing, and how about we just get to know each other the rest of class and you can come over to my house later to work on the project." He smiled at me.

"I'd love that." I smiled turning to face him. "So, Hayes, tell me about yourself."

"Well, what do you want to know, I'm an open book."

"Umm, let's start with the basics; what's your favorite color?"

"Easy, Blue. You?"

"Purple. Uh, what's yiu last name?"

"Grier. You?"

"Castillo." I smiled

"Well, Ms. Castillo, you have a very pretty face." he said, clearly embarassed that he just said that out loud.

"Dude, your thinking out loud." I said while laughing.

"Dammit." he mumbled.

"Don't worry Grier, you don't have a pretty bad face yourself." I winked. He laughed and this continued for the next 20 minutes and then something occured to me,

"Hey Hayes, cam I see your scedule?" I said and he handed it to me. "So, we have Engilsh, obviously, then we have Science, Alegebra, Lunch, History, and the only period we don't have together, is 7th. I guess I'll being seeing you around alot, Grier."

"I gues you will, Castillo." He said and I instantly felt like we needed to have beers to clink together, but instead we just high fived.

------

Currently writing this at 3:59 am and I'm proud cuz I wrote it all in one day.

Oh btw I'm finishing up season 6/9 of How I met your mother and there are 5 daus of break left.

-Ariana Mikayla♥️