Chapter 1

Emma's POV

I wake up and feel happy that it is Saturday and not happy knowing that today is Family and Friend night where, we play games and Uncle Nino, Aunt Alya, Willow and Nicholas come over and play with us as well. I have been able to get out of singing but, not so sure about tonight. I think I sing horribly. I always mess up on notes and stuff. 

I dragged myself out o bed and to my closet of my huge room. I live in a HUGE mansion on the outskirts of Paris seeing as, I was the Princess of China and England and heir to the throne as first born child. I am not known to the public so, to them I am just an ordinary girl. My mom is the Empress of China and my dad is the King of England. I got to the school at the place my parents went to. Francis DuPont Highschool. I grabbed my outfit and put it on. I put on a crop top with some flower shorts. 

I put on some flats and made my way downstairs from my bedroom on the 4th floor of the house

I put on some flats and made my way downstairs from my bedroom on the 4th floor of the house. I had 3 rooms in the house. My bedroom, fun room(meaning I had stations that have what I do for fun.) and my gym/ballet/gymnastics room. I smelled pancakes and bacon from downstairs. My dad's specialty. I flew down the stairs with my blonde hair flowing behind me. I got it from my dad as well, as my green eyes. 

I got downstairs and saw Uncle Nino, Aunt Alya, Willow and Nicholas already here. Uncle was the King of the Netherlands and Auntie was the Queen of Spain. Nicholas was the Prince of the Netherlands and Spain, heir to the throne as first born child and 3 months older than me  and Willow was the Princess of the Netherlands and Spain.  Willow came over and gave me a hug and I was incredibly confused. "I thought you guys were coming tonight." Auntie shook her head. "No, we are going to have the games all day! Isn't that great? It starts an hour after breakfast." "WHAT! No no no, I haven't made an excuse not to sing, write songs or-." I stopped mid sentence and replayed what I just said and ran to my room locked the door and baracaded the door. I climbed up to my bed and blinked back tears. 

I heard a knock on my door and the shuffling of feet. "W-who is it?" "Willow" I sighed and climbed down. I moved the stuff and opened the door. Willow came in and sat in my hanging chair. "Girl, what's wrong with you? Why do you make excuses not to sing?" I shrugged. " I sound like a screeching parrot. I mess up so many times. Like-." "Honestly. I have heard you sing in the music room at school. You sound like a legit angel and you can sing from high to low in a second. How do you sound like a screeching parrot?" I felt heat rise to my face and I looked away. I didn't know how to respond to her so, I just hummed. 

She sighed and hugged me. "Come on. We have to go to breakfast." I nodded and smirked. "You're right. I'm sure Louis will be there." She turned red and I giggled. She had a crush on him. "I could say the same for Nicholas." Then, I turned red. I had the biggest crush on him. We traveled down the stairs and I grabbed a plate put 3 pancakes on it and 3 strips of bacon. 

I sat down at the farthest corner away from the other people at the table hoping they wouldn't notice me. No such luck. "Emma?" I sighed and looked up. "What?" It came out a bit colder than, expected and they looked shocked. "Umm... what did you mean when you said '...I haven't made excuses not to sing, write songs and stuff?" "What?" I looked at my dad who looked bewildered and my mom who had her head tilted and looked confused. "Cause' I sound like a screeching parrot or a dying seal or a goat passing a kidney stone." I saw Willow roll her eyes and pinch the bridge of her nose.