Chapter 2

Emma's POV

It was Monday and time for me and my brothers to leave for school. 

I was wearing an outfit my mom gave me for my 17th birthday. It was an Agreste Fashions Inc. outfit that was still trending. It was incredibly expensive too in most stores in Paris. 

We made our way to school and I saw Nicholas and Willow

We made our way to school and I saw Nicholas and Willow. I ran over to them and gave them both hugs. WE talked and I noticed Amber was not here. I was confused then, I remembered Friday. She said she was going to the hospital to get her tonsils taken out on Sunday and might stay a few days for recovery. I felt a lot lighter and felt this day was going to be better. I was wrong. 

While in 3rd period Amber walked in with a doctors note. "Amber, your mother said you-" "Yup. I convinced her to get it on Friday night so, I wouldn't miss a few days of school." "Ok. Well, thank you for taking school of great importance." "Your welcome." She looked at me and smiled. I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. 

The bell rang and I shot out of the classroom. It was PE. I was putting my books in my locker and I felt a hand press on my shoulder and shove me into my lockers. I pushed back and turned around scowling. "Why the fuck did you lie?" She shrugged. "I didn't. I did get my tonsils out but, on Friday evening. It wasn't a complete lie." I shook my head and she punched my stomach. I doubled over and she kicked my shins. I fell to the ground and she kept kicking me. Over and over. 

I bit my lip to keep from screaming and she gave on last kick and it hit my ribs. Hard. I screamed and then, shut my mouth. The bell rang and she knelt down. "Nobody likes you. You are just a piece of trash. A waste of space. You shouldn't even breathe the same air as everybody else." She walked away and I stood up and ran to the courtyard. I looked at the top of the building and shrugged and scaled the wall and made it to the roof. I ran on the roofs and saw people pointing and whispering from the corner of my eyes. 

I shook my head and ran to my house using the roofs. I jumped onto my balcony and went into my room. I went to my dresser and to a secret drawer. I grabbed my box cutter and went to my bathroom. I pressed it on my arm and cut. 1 for being useless, 2. for being worthless, 3. for being trash, 4. for being a waste of space, 5. for being a burden and 6. for being a mistake. I cleaned my arm and wrapped it up. I don't heal the cuts because I use them as a reminder of the fact that I am never wanted. 

I put my box cutter back and hopped onto my balcony and went back to school. PE was only 40 minutes long. I missed about 10 minutes of it. I grabbed my gym outfit and slipped into class. Until, Amber and her mouth announced my presence. "MISS! Emma is late!" I rolled my eyes and made my way to my seat. "Thank you for joining us Emma. We are talking about gymnastics. We will be doing some in a bit." I nodded and looked toward the board. It had beginner moves. This was going to be easy. 

We headed to the open part of the gymnasium and it had the floor mat, uneven bars, balance beam and a vault. I smiled a bit and sat down. Willow sat next to me and Hugo, Louis and Nicholas sat in the front while, me and Willow were in the back. We got in our spots and Ms.M started talking. "Now, we are going to start with warm ups and then, we will have demonstration of a routine on floor, the uneven bars, the balance beam and the vault. Now, please start with a split. 

I put my legs out in front of me and then, moved them into a split by just moving them back. I waited for the next thing and the teacher looked around. "Okay, now I want all of you to do a cartwheel. Stand in a straight line and then, go one by one." We all stood up and got in a line. Amber was in the front and she did a one handed cart wheel. She smiled and the teacher clapped. "Good job, Amber!" Everybody else went and then, it was just me. Amber scoffed. "She probably couldn't do one even if she tried her hardest. She is just a failure." 

A pang of sadness hit my chest but, I still did the cartwheel. I did an aerial cartwheel or a cartwheel with no hands. I walked to my spot next to Willow and she hugged me. "Great Job, Em!" I smiled weakly and faced the teacher. "Alright class. Now, Amber. You said you took gymnastics class correct?" "Yes, Madame." "Alright. Could you show the class a floor routine please?" "Of course! It would be my pleasure." She smiled and went to the floor and started her routine. 

I didn't have an interest in her routine knowing it wouldn't be very good. I saw the uneven bars on the other side on the gymnasium. Everybody was facing Amber and watching her so, I silently walked to the uneven bars and jumped and I started doing flips and other moves. I spaced out and my body knew exactly what it was doing and I stopped thinking and I knew was that I was doing gymnastics on uneven bars. 

Nicholas POV's 

The class watched Amber to her routine and I had to admit. She was pretty good. I heard a like a 'squeak' and I turned my head and saw Emma on the uneven bars. She was doing all sorts of moves I am pretty sure Amber couldn't do. I whispered to Hugo and Louis and they turned to look at their sister. They stared with what looked like amazement. The class and our teacher started clapping. I saw that Emma was still doing her routine on the uneven bars. I shot my hand up and the teacher called on me. "Yes, Nicholas." "Can Amber do a routine on the uneven bars?" She faced Amber. "Can you, Amber?" "Of course, Miss." 

We faced the uneven bars and I smirked. We all turned around and we saw Emma go from the high bar to the low bar and then back to the high bar. She flung herself high and let go of the bar and then, grabbed it as she was coming down. As she was coming backward, she did and double flip with her legs straight in front of her and her hands on the bottom of her thighs. I think they call that a front double pike. She landed on her feet and then she did a back flip. She faced us and she paled. 

Emma's POV

I landed and faced the class. I saw them looking at me in shock and amazement. I paled and all of a sudden got sweaty. "You guys saw that?" My voice was very quiet and you could hear the fear in my voice. I saw Willow not with a shocked or amaxpzed experssion but, she looked worried. "Em? Are you okay? You look pale and super sweaty." I nodded to signify I was okay. I walked to my seat and I sat down. 

Willow hugged me and I nodded. I felt a harsh stare on me. I turned my head and saw Amber glaring at me. She mouthed 'you are so dead'. I paled even more and suddenly felt very light headed. I saw black and white spots in my vision and then everything went black.