Chapter 6

Emma's POV

I woke up and felt a burning pain all over my body. Memories of what happened earlier today. Nicholas kissed me AGAIN!!! I felt giddy inside but, you know I tend to like to ruin my good moods rather quickly. I remember somebody asking me if I could ever be normal and that I should at least try to be normal. 

I am a Princess and heir to the throne.  I always miss at least a month of school because of my duties sometimes 2 months. I hate trying to make people think I am normal. It drives me CRAZY. Now, I just hate everything about me. Inside and out but, doesn't matter. 

I remember the pain I felt. I was in my first year of highschool. I remember crying because people kept saying I was a freak, why? Amber spread some rumors about me. It took 6 months to clear them up. The pain came back and I felt tears well up in my eyes. 

I grabbed my song notebook and started writing. I added stuff about a therapist and me not being able to be fixed cause' I wanted to do that. I kept writing and I knew this was probably going to be my favorite song. I was finished writing within 15 minutes. 

Now, it was time to sing it. I used a beat I had made a while ago but, at the time I didn't know what song I wrote would go good with it. Now I did. I started singing in a soft whisper and gradually it got louder till' I couldn't hear myself. 

Nicholas POV

I was at Emma's house with my parents and Willow. We were explaining what happened to Emma or at least the condition we found her in. I wasn't all for it until, Emma was comfortable with it. 

Adrien and Marinette had a range of emotions going on. My parents well, my mom was getting ready to kill somebody and my dad was trying to talk her out of it. I was a bit uncomfortable but, it was to help Emma. 

I just didn't want to betray her trust. I loved her. Willow finished explaining her part. I was still trying to forget looking at Emma holding her ribs and coughing up blood. Her brothers seem surprised and angry as well. 

I heard music coming from upstairs and immediately knew it was Emma. I sat up and motioned for the others to follow me but, be quiet. They quieted down and they must've heard the music too because their eyes shot to the stairs. 

I started walking up the stairs and the closer I came to Emma's room the more I could hear her singing. I heard the music stop and Emma said, "Let's sing that again." We walked up the last flight of stairs and I opened Emma's door a bit. 

She must've just started the song again because, she hasn't started singing yet. She finally started singing and I don't think I could erase the lyrics from my mind, no matter how hard I tried. 

Marinette was crying and Adrien was hugging her. Mom and Dad looked shocked and Willow looked like she was going to burst into tears and Hugo and Louis just stared at their sister. I was doing my best to try not to stare at her face. 

She didn't notice us. She had a smile on her face but, her eyes were dull and they were hiding more pain than I ever thought was possible. I think Amber knows what is wrong with her. But, right now, I am going to focus on Emma. 

I closed the door and we all headed downstairs. Marinette collapsed as soon as we got to the living room. Adrien caught her on reflex and carried her to the living room. Mom was trying to keep herself calm and Willow was crying. 

I knew I was going to talk to Emma. I just felt the responsibility to. "Do you want me to talk to Emma?" Everybody looked at me and her mom nodded. "Please. And bring her down when, you calm her down." I gave a quick nod and  ran up the stairs.