All aboard!

Its a fine evening today, you wake up to the bright sun peaking through your windows and quickly jump out of bed knowing today is the day you've been waiting for, boarding the famous  military starship australis.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  *alarm clock beeping* you lift your head up slowly and yawn followed by a quick stretch of your arms. you sit still for a moment before quickly looking up at your calendar "oh my god!" a wide smile spreads across your face "todays the day!" You yell before jumping out of bed and neatly putting on your rookie uniform you've been waiting years to wear, looking in the mirror you confidently puff up your chest and give yourself a thumbs up before running downstairs. You swiftly grab your bag and quickly dash out the front door. You see a polished white transport heading your way and try your best not to smile too much as you get on. 
You take a seat in the tightly packed space next to all the other recruits. After a moment of silence a beautiful but stern looking otter walks out "all of your lives have officially changed forever" she says as she marches down the main isle "and you best hope its for the better, or else you'll find a boot in your ass before you even get off this puny transport!" She glances around at all the wide eyed rookies but looks at you for a tiny bit longer before continuing "you all look like very brave young men and women, i cant wait to see how my new troops do out there in the field!" you suddenly get a worried look and think to yourself "t-the field i thought i was on device management„ you stay quiet and question whats in store for you"
after a long talkative journey the transport stops and the ramp slowly slides open, one by one you and the rest of the rookies walk down and you look out to see the behemoth of a ship. "This is really it" you think to yourself  as you gleefully march across the across the long path towards the massive starship. After boarding you and and 3 others are directed down a small hall into our new home, a small room with two bunks and a hallway leading to a bathroom. before you can even settle down the rest of your cabin mates quickly all start calling dibs on beds and introducing themselves, you end up on the bottom left which you think is good enough for now.
After about an hour of introduction you get comfortable with the others in the room, you meet a tough looking wolf named cliff, a know it all border collie named Max and a pretty arctic fox named Chloe. As the sun sets you finish settling in and take a deep sigh of relief as a new chapter in your life begins.