Bartender

Dongho visits the same bar the next evening, hoping to find some information about the guy. Dongho is demotivated at the lack of details that Minhyun had given him.

Minhyun managed to pester his sister for more information though, even the slightest ones she can remember of. Sujin said that the guy is over 175 cm, was wearing a striped collared top and had soft black hair.

There were probably hundreds of people in the bar that night, it's impossible to find out which. Dongho is thinking, if he can get the CCTV footage at the entrance of the washroom, he might be able to at least get an image of the person.

He approaches the staff at the counter, but she rejects his request since it isn't a formal investigation which would mean an invasion of privacy if she shows it to him.

"Sorry but it's the company's policy, we can't show you the footage unless you're an official. We need to protect the privacy of the bar and customers. Please underst–"

"You know CEO Hwang Minhyun from Hwang & Co.? We held a big party here last weekend. He's a VIP here, and he sent me over for it. Can't you just give it to me?" Dongho is getting frustrated, but the staff doesn't waver.

"We're sorry, it's the same for everyone, even the VIP." she bows before motioning for Dongho to move to the side so she can attend to the upcoming customer.

Dongho is dejected. Honestly, he knew this is a mission impossible but his CEO, his darn best friend, is too stubborn and hates giving up. Sometimes, Dongho finds that part of him annoying. But his persistence is also one of the reasons the company could last till now.

On the verge of giving up, Dongho turns his head to see a guy walking towards his direction. His eyes can't help but to notice his attire.

Striped collared top?

Although Dongho knows very well how half of the population in the world probably owns a striped polo tee, but he still decided to go with his gut feeling.

At least even if he failed, he can tell Minhyun he tried.

He blocks the guy's way, scanning him from top to bottom. Sadly, the guy doesn't seem to be over 175cm. The guy stares at him weirdly, but still politely asks, "Sir, are you looking for something? Our bar has–"

"Wait, are you a staff here?" Dongho quickly catches the point.

"Y–yes?"

"Does all the staff here wears the same striped collared top like you?" he points at the top's he's wearing.

"No, only bartenders like me do, why?" the staff replies.

Something seems to click in Dongho's mind. If the person is able to access the washroom in the VIP area, which is private and restricted for the public, and was wearing a striped collared top... That means,

the person might be a bartender here.

"Hey! I think I need your help! I need to find someone!" Dongho desperately calls out while grabbing the staff's hands, stunning him slightly.

"O–okay, I'll try?"

"So you're saying, a colleague of mine might have sent your friend back home?" the bartender, who introduced himself as Aron, asks.

"I'm not exactly sure, but there's a chance it is. At least that's the only possibility for now," Dongho says. "Can you check who's working that day? He was there around 1am."

Aron enters the spreadsheet in his phone for the manpower schedule. He scrolls while scanning through, Dongho just staring him with anticipation.

"During that time, Seongwu and Daniel were the ones on shift at the VIP area. But you said that person has black hair?" Aron thinks for a while. "Then, it's not Seongwu because he has light brown hair. It's not Daniel either, he injured his ankle and was stationed at the bar counter all along, so he couldn't have carried your friend back."

Dongho frowns. "Could it be the other bartenders outside of the VIP area?"

"Highly not, we usually don't step into other zones. And the washrooms are everywhere, why would he specifically go to the one at the VIP area?"

Dongho sighs deeply. It seems like he might have been searching in the wrong direction. But once again, he's clueless, thanks to his damn friend.

"Wait," Aron suddenly breaks the silence. "If it was around 1am, there's a chance that it's someone from the previous shift who just handed over.."

"Give me a moment," he starts checking the spreadsheet again. Dongho doesn't expect much, since the previous one already led to disappointment. Maybe, he should just tell Minhyun he doesn't want the Korean beef anymore, and he would just burn the midnight oil for the weekly report again–

"Oh? Mingi and Jonghyun were working the shift before. But Mingi has blonde hair.. And Jonghyun.. Jonghyun.. has black hair!" Aron exclaims, taking Dongho by surprise.

"Really? Could it be him?" Dongho's voice is half doubting.

"Jonghyun, he's very hardworking and helpful. I wouldn't be surprised if he went out of the way to send your drunk friend home," Aron says, lowkey bragging about one of his good friends.

Dongho had to convince Aron to send him a photo of Jonghyun, so that he could forward it to Sujin, who might be able to identify him.

Sujin replies almost immediately, "YES! IT'S HIM!"

Dongho swears, he almost screamed out loud at the confirmation. Luckily, Aron stops him in time by reminding him he's in a public area. Not only he's getting free food, he is getting to sleep well this week.

"Hwang Minhyun, you're going to thank me!" he softly yells, cheering as he takes Aron's hand while shaking them frantically.

"C–calm do–"

"Now, how do I contact him?"