Hello, Again

Dongho passes Jonghyun's contact number and address to Minhyun the next day. Dongho is feeling especially proud  of himself this time, so is Minhyun.

"Okay, let's go for Korean beef after I return from Singapore," he promises Dongho.

After Dongho left, Minhyun falls into another dilemma.

How should he approach Jonghyun? Should he call him? Or should he just visit his house? Does that makes him looks weird and creepy? What if Jonghyun doesn't even remember him?

So many worries are bothering Minhyun, to the point he's sweating buckets in the air conditionered room.

"Screw it, I'll just find him at the bar."

After confirming with Aron, Minhyun finds out that Jonghyun will be working that night. He stands in front of the mirror and adjusts his tie, ensuring they are presentable. He lightly pats off the dust on his blazer. This time, Minhyun wants to present himself well in front of Jonghyun, unlike that night, where he was all ungroomed.

"Where is Kim Jonghyun working at?" he straightforwardly asks the staff at the counter, who was in the midst of doing her work.

"Jonghyun? I believe he's bartendering at the main bar today, just walk straight and turn left," the staff responds.

"Okay, thanks!" he speeds off almost immediately.

The main bar is not so crowded today, probably due to it being a weekday. He finds an empty table not far from the bar counter and sits down.

"Sir, would you like to order?" a waiter comes over.

"A grapefruit mocktail, please," Minhyun keeps in mind how he should never unnecessarily drink anymore.

While waiting, Minhyun's eyes wander off to the bar counter. There's a few customers sitting at the bar top table, and he can see a few bartenders too.

He looks closely, trying to catch a glimpse of every single one of them. Now that he knows how Jonghyun looks like, he should be able to recognise him straight.

"Jonghyun-ah, can you pass me a new cocktail shaker?" a voice catches Minhyun's attention. Minhyun quickly catches on the conversation despite the loud music in the atmosphere.

"Okay!" someone replies, and Minhyun's eyes darts over to him.

The person backfaces Minhyun as he reaches for the cabinet, bringing out a new set of equipment. His backview is pretty small built, and Minhyun can't help but to find it cute when he struggles to open the cabinet that is slightly beyond his reach.

"Here you go, Seungcheol," Jonghyun finally turns around, allowing Minhyun to take a good look of his features. The puppy eyes that curves into an eyesmile when he laughs at his colleague's joke, the genuine smile he gives when serving the customers, and every other parts of him.

/Thumps/

Minhyun can feel his heart racing the longer he stares at Jonghyun. He doesn't even hear the waiter calling for him for his drink.

Minhyun wonders, if this is the feeling of falling in love.

Minhyun musters all his courage to move over to the bar counter. He discreetly takes the seat at the end, observing Jonghyun from afar. While sipping on his drink, his eyes never left Jonghyun. And perhaps, Minhyun is a bit too engrossed writing his own melodrama in his head, that he fails to realise that Jonghyun is now watching him.