Chapter Fifteen - Officially Home

It's been a good week.

Sadly, they had to return to reality. But they both took advantage of their honeymoon.

Kira enjoyed every minute here in Jamaica with Giovanni. They went to a couple of attractions and it was interesting and fun at the same time. Hiking, ziplining, horseback riding, and safaris, which became her number one favorite thing to do.

During the time she got to know Giovanni a bit more and he was a great guy to be around. He knew what to do to make her laugh and was a gentleman the entire time. What they shared was a good sign of a strong friendship. That's what she believed and was okay with it.

Kira thought by getting into all of this that she was going to have to force hearse;f to enjoy things like this with him. In the end, Giovanni proved her wrong and while doing just that, he taught her to relax and have fun. That's all they've been doing up here so far. Enjoying the beauty of nature while spending a great amount of time with each other.

Just thinking about their time together over the week makes her wonder about the answer to the one question before.

How could Leah leave someone as great as him?

Sure, Kira believed that he had his...flaws, but overlooking that, he was a great person to be around. Even under a short time, she'd adored his behavior so far.

Sighing, she couldn't help but think of what to expect when they return to Phoenix. She was not only going to receive the same media attention as Giovanni, possibly more but also completely moving into his home and staying for a year.

She stayed with him for a couple of days but that didn't compare to staying with someone for a year.

Kira knew how the media could turn and she felt that she was positive and had a strong guard to not allow anyone to affect her from putting her down. She was stronger than most people would think and would be happy to be seen that way.

"Kira?" Giovanni called out to her while walking down the massive stairs of the home.

Kira sat on the living couch and turned to face him. She watched him come down the stairs with luggage, placing them by the last step.

"Are you ready to go?"

Kira briefly looked out the window at the waves. She was sad to go and hopeful to return. Maybe someday with him if they were able to remain friends after this year's contract was over.

"Yes." She answered, standing to her feet and grabbing her purse.

It was time to go home and get ready for the next steps in her new life and his.

The flight back was peaceful but trying to get through the airport was another story. Kira had no idea how but word got out quickly about their arrival and every spot Kira set her eyes on, she saw someone with a camera and people trying to get through security to get a closer look at her.

While they continued to ask their intrusive questions, she felt Giovanni's hand on her arm gaining her attention.

"Don't let them bother you."

Kira smiled at his words. "I don't know what they are saying." She shrugged, blocking out all the camera people.

That caused a smile to form upon his lips. "With an attitude like that, I believe you will be alright when it comes to more of this." He said, his hand slipping from her arms.

Kira then grabbed hold of his hand, smiling like a love-struck woman. "I will be ready for that and anything else that comes my way. We just have to continue our parts and everything will be fine."