o n e | goodnight

•

I looked down at the city below. Under the star-filled night sky were tall skyscrapers filled with offices, bright neon lights advertising a different type of product, and bustle of cars running through the busy highways.

But that scene was miles away. Currently, I was in a run down area of the city, a district known as one of the more dangerous ones and a place tourists typically would never go to. In its shadows, criminals were lurking around like hungry predators, waiting for their chance to strike. Even us locals avoided it and yet here I was, perched on the rooftop of one of its many shady apartments.

The strong wind made the hood of my black hoodie fall off my head, my dark hair flew in front of my face, covering my eyes. With a sigh I placed the binoculars I was holding down onto the ground and raked my hand through my hair, fixing it while muttering some complaints. " I hate these missions. They always take too long and I have to go to weird places like this. "

" Then why don't you actually start doing your job so you can finally finish it? " A deep voice retorted through my earpiece. From his tone, I could clearly hear the cocky grin on his face.

"Shut up Java." I sneered, pulling up my hood and picking up the binoculars. " It's not my fault he takes forever to leave his damn apartment. "

The sound of Java's annoying laughter filled my ears. " Alright ma'am, whatever you say. "

An annoyed tch left my mouth as I brought the binoculars to my eyes and looked through the lenses. They remained focus on a window of the apartment a few blocks ahead of me. The lights were still on signaling that there was someone inside and we were waiting for him to come out. Usually at around this time he leaves and goes out to clubs for his night job, he was a drug dealer.

The detective that came to us asked to track him down since he was one of the main dealers of a big drug ring in Seoul and needed him to spill the name of his suppliers in order to take them down. We were supposed to bring the man to an open area and there, the detective and his team would arrest him.

" He's leaving. " Java said, I could hear him typing away on his keyboard. Having him made me feel safer since he was always watching my back, looking through the cctvs and surveilling everything. Nothing went unseen with Java, he could access to cameras almost anywhere in the city.

That's why I wasn't very scared despite the fact that our target was involved with dangerous people and I was in an unfamiliar area, it was because I trusted Java.

I placed the binoculars into my bag and slung it over my shoulder before scaling down the building using the fire escapes and hopping down onto the grown. At first things like this slightly frightened me but soon I got used to it since Java and I have been doing this for quite a while now.