t w o | running late & rainy days

•

The morning rays of the sunlight poked through the blinds, a grunt left my lips as I shielded my eyes from the harsh light on my face, wanting to get some more sleep.

Wait, sunlight?

I quickly opened my eyes and rose up from the couch. Jaemin was passed out on the armchair beside me, I whipped my head over to the window, slowly walking towards it and pushed the curtains to the sides. The sun was just starting to rise, its yellow figure peeking through the tall skyscrapers but there were already cars on the road and people commuting to their school or work. Oh shit school-

" Yah Jaemin! Wake up! " I yelled shaking the boy. He opened his eyes and looked at me, obviously displeased at the harsh way I woke him up. His eyebrows are creased and he had an annoyed expression on his face. " What? "

While he was calmly stretching his arms I furiously ran over to the closet, pulling out my uniform out. We kept it there just in case we'd stay over at the office and had school the next day, just like now. " What do you mean what? We're late for school idiot! " At the mention of school Jaemin's eyes widened and he ran to get his uniform.

I made my way over to the bathroom and locked the door. I turned the faucet on and splashed some water on my face before looking up at the mirror and noticed the bruise on my cheek was turning a purple. Then I snapped out of it and continued getting ready. Park Lilou, get yourself together.

We rushed out of the office, running down the staircase. On the parking lot we noticed a familiar acquaintance who owned the coffee shop on the first floor, he just stepped out of his sleek black car,that seemed a little too expensive for him. A bright smile was on his lips as he waved at us. "Morning!"

I looked over at Jaemin with a smirk, an idea popped into my head. He seemed to know what I had in mind because he nodded in understanding. We both ran over to coffee shop owner and shoved him back into his car. "Hey guys, what the hell! I have to open the shop now-"

" Sorry but not really sorry Johnny, we have a bigger problem at hand than your caffeine drug business." I said, shutting his door as Jaemin and I made our way over to the backseat. Johnny was bewildered at our behavior but still decided to start the car. " Why do you need a ride anyways? Also there's decaffeinated coffee for your information. "

" Then what's the point?! " I gasped while he ignored me and shifted his focus to Jaemin

" We're late for school. " He answered. Johnny looked at us finally realizing we were wearing uniforms and nodded, deciding not to press further. " Okay, where's your school then? " He asked putting the car in drive.