t h r e e | a discovery

•

" What are you doing here? "

" Can't you at least try to sound happy about my arrival? You wound me, Vin. "

My brow perked up, unimpressed as I watched the man take a seat onto the couch. He looked a lot better than the last time I saw him. A year ago he stumbled into the office, hair disheveled and dark bags under his eyes. I remember being shocked when he raised up his head because tears were falling down this cheeks, "I need your help." He desperately called out.

But now his hair was neatly combed back, his skin was glowing, and he looked much brighter and healthier that before.

I lazily walked over to the desk and took out the notepad Jaemin and I used it take notes about our client requests. " Okay what's the deal, Detective Byun Baekhyun? "

The detective sat down and I did too on the chair in front of him, readying my pen.

" I'm looking for a guy named Kim Uju but he goes by Kio. Has black hair, a tattoo on his wrist. He's around 28 and his last whereabouts was his apartment. " He slid a picture of the man in question to me and I placed it in the notepad.

I nodded along to his words while scribbling notes. " When did he go missing? "

" Well, it's kinda complicated. " I stopped writing at his words.

" What do you mean? "

" Come on, I'll show you. " He said standing up and walking towards the door.

I looked up at him and raised my eyebrows since I unsure but in the end I went along.

We made our way to his car and drove through the night, raindrops hitting the roof of the car.

My shoes splashed against the puddles with each step I took. It was still raining out but thankfully I had Jaemin's umbrella to keep me dry.

We arrived at the apartment complex that was located in a less populated area in Itaewon. It seemed pretty normal but then again, looks can be deceiving. The detective and I took the elevator to the 7th floor and he told me to wait for a bit in the corner of the hallway, but I peeked my head a little because I was curious.

Yellow police tape surrounded the door of the apartment that belonged to Kio and a few officers were there so it must've happened recently. Detective Byun was a few feet away from me talking to one of the said officers, probably asking if it was okay to enter the crime scene.