f o u r | clubs & confessions

•

A frustrated groan escaped my lips as I angrily threw my pencil, slamming it onto the desk. I was incredibly bored and decided to draw something since I haven't been keeping in touch with art side lately. But it all ended with me getting angry and wasting three whole pages of my sketchbook.

I pushed my chair back and spun around, not knowing what else to do, however Jaemin was the exact opposite. He was fucking ecstatic.

Maybe I should try his demonic coffee to get even a drop of energy-

Then I pushed that thought away and shuddered, remembering that I threw up the last time he bought me a cup of his coffee. I rested my head on the table and looked over at Jaemin who was typing away on his computer.

He was happy to finally get to work and was searching around to find Kio. So far, we still didn't have any leads but that didn't seem to bring down Jaemin's spirits. He was naturally gifted in programming and coding so he was glad to finally get back to it.

" Are you done yet? "

" Hell nah! " Jaemin yelled back before sipping his coffee that was right beside his keyboard. For most people it was a big no to keep a food beside their computers but that was something Jaemin always did and yet magically, he's never spilled it. Not even once.

It's been a few days since we discovered the secret room in Kio's apartment but Detective Byun didn't allow us to go inside yet since it was a new addition to the case. So instead he sent us photos of it, the room was filled with numerous chemicals and laboratory equipment.

They deduced them as meth and it was a laboratory for drugs. It wasn't a surprise for the detective though because one of Kio's closest friends was a dealer, and that was the person Jaemin and I were trying to find.

Bright ne n lights and loud music was blasting out from the club. Jaemin and I were standing side by side in the alleyway with our heads down as to not rise suspicion. The dealer's name was Beomie and she usually worked in areas popular with the youth, the reason we know that is thanks to none other than our computer genius Jaemin who is right beside me,

trying to take a peek of the teddy bear shop a few blocks away.

I slapped his shoulder and he diverted his attention to me. " Take your nerdiness down a bit would you? Were supposed to be customers." He winced at hit before sticking his tongue out childishly, and I did the exact same thing.

Under the street light I couldn't help but notice how good Jaemin looked in the attire he had on instead of the usual ones he wore. Instead of his soft or preppy fashion choices, he wore an eye catching leather jacket with a black button up underneath it, paired with ripped skinny jeans that hugged his slender legs. His messy electric blue hair tied the whole look together and not going to lie,

He looked kinda hot-

After adverting my gaze from Jaemin in the corner of my eye I noticed the dealer sitting on one of the booths near the entrance of the club, talking with some people who were probably her customers. Jaemin did as well and smirked sending me a mocking salute as he went inside. Tch.

He was the only one who was able to enter from the two of us since he was already an adult, meanwhile I had to wait outside, with a bunch of drunk and high people that reeked of alcohol. How wonderful.

After a while I noticed Jaemin leaving the club and he was blatantly flirting with the much older dealer, yet at this point I wasn't even annoyed anymore. I was just happy that I didn't have to talk to any of the intoxicated creeps even more than I already needed to. 

I rolled my eyes while he opened the door for the dealer and they got into the car we borrowed from Johnny. Thank god Jaemin had a drivers license even though he probably didn't deserve one. After they got in I took a cab and followed them.

Oh poor her, little did she know she was going straight to the police station for questioning.

" And to think I wasted my money to buy you those drinks! " The woman angry yelled at Jaemin through the two way mirror and the boy flinched at the sudden outburst.

Detective Byun who was on the other side of the mirror with the dealer sighed and was getting annoyed. He shook his head at Jaemin knowing full well the boy would see it.

The detective's Captain knew we were assisting him so he made sure the place where the interrogation room was empty and allowed us to join in. I watched the whole scene, amused, but soon I got tired of the yelling and told the detective that I'd question her and he stood off to the side.

" Ms. Nam, do you know why you're here? " I asked while sitting down I front of her and crossing my arms, making sure I showed her I was assertive or else the dealer wouldn't have taken me seriously.

" I was hoping you would know! " She yelled back, clearly upset at the whole ordeal.

" Your friend Kio, " I started but was interrupted by her. " What about him? " She asked, venom dripping from her tone as she glared at me. I returned the glare before letting out a dramatic sigh for effect because of what I was about to say.

" He's dead. "

The detective instantly looked over at me since we still didn't know if that was true but decided to play along after I sent him a warning look. He leaned back against the wall and watched the scene unfold in silence ready to step in if needed.

Surprisingly the feisty woman reacted in a way I didn't expect her to. Tears started brimming in her eyes as she looked at me with a distraught face, " Kio....he's..dead?..." They must've been extremely good friends so that meant she wasn't the one who possibly killed him. Oh and she's crying-

Okay now I felt bad for lying but in my defense, there was no other way to get her to comply with us.

I tried to keep my tone as soft as possible as to not provoke her into full on sobbing. " So, if you want us to solve who murdered him, you have to start talking. "

" Alright. " She gave in and I left the room, letting the detective take over again. Once I arrived outside I instantly jumped up and down with a bright smile on my face. The plan worked!

" Did you see that! " I exclaimed looking at Jaemin with sparkling eyes. He chuckled at my antics before stepping closer and ruffling my hair, a smile was on his face. " You did well Lilou. "

" Hell yeah I did! "

" Now I feel like an absolute asshole- "

______________________________