Chapter 0

☆ Luke's Point of View ☆

   "Shit." I accidentally dropped my guitar pick onto the floor. I groan as I reach down to pick it up.

   As my focus is drawn away from the sounds of my guitar I hear the usual clamoring of moving feet and props. It had been a typical day on set. Tiring and relentless. Or time efficient. Think of it how you'd like.

   I had finally gotten a break and spent it in one of the less busy sides of set practicing chords. I hardly needed it but the familiar movements of playing the guitar usually helped me feel at ease.

   It had almost been half a year since the show had started, in fact it was exactly two weeks away. The show had premiered early in January and saw an instant surge of ratings. The network wasted little time signing the papers to renew us for a second season. That is what we were shooting now.

   I basically play myself on the show. The network wanted us to use our real names and personalities for marketability. The plan is to have us transcend the television screen and reach the mainstream media. At first I was excited but lately I've been feeling kind of meh.

   I haven't exactly been feeling the best lately. I never let my friends see it. I mask my true feelings the same way i have for a few months now.

   "Earth to Luke Hemmings." I hear a mildly annoyed Calum Hood sing. I turn to see Calum standing to my right.

   "What are you doing here Cal?" I ask, flashing a smile. He sits on a stool next to me as he lets out a sigh.

   "I'm finally done with my scenes for the day. I have no clue how this episode is supposed to go." He says nonchalantly as he pulls his phone out of his pocket and begins to browse it.

   "I got no clue either. I don't even know what you boys did today." I deadpan.

   The whole premise of this episode was we each got split up the day of a concert. Each of us end up getting caught up in something silly  as we hurry to make it back just in time. My character got locked out of his car 4 miles away from the venue. It produced some funny scenes of me passing the time in a parking lot waiting for a locksmith to come.

   "Likewise." He says, sending a text before returning his phone to his pocket. "Well I can't wait any longer to eat. Wanna go talk about it over pizza or something?" Calum asks me, a cheeky smile on his face.

   I look down at my guitar and shrug it off. "Why not." I say as I gather my stuff and head out with him.