Chapter 5

Time flew by so fast, Daehyun was already put to sleep on his new hospital bed and as I kept him company beside him, holding his hand tightly to let him know that I was still with him. My eyes trailed around Daehyun's weak face. His mouth was slightly open as always whenever he fell asleep. His body slowly rose then deflated as always too. I didn't want anything to change. Everything needed to be as I planned.

In the middle of my thoughts, Daehyun's eyelids began to flicker and his mouth closed as he gulped. His eyes managed to open and when they did his mouth slowly curved. I gave him a warm smile back and leaned closer to wrap my arms around his waist. I felt his hand slowly stroke my head.

"It's okay..." he said in a weak tone. I shut my eyes tighter trying to believe that that would be true.

"Let me just say a few things just in case it goes wrong." Daehyun said in a croaky tone as we broke the hug.

"No, it will all go fine." I protested, struggling to put on a smile.

Daehyun nodded and began to speak. "If I don't make it, you must let Yongguk fight for our kids, Himchan to be the nanny, Youngjae to help with their homework, Jongup to keep them fit and active and Zelo to be their fun uncle."

"But you will be there!" I spoke, louder than expected as I began to tear up.

"You must train our kids to be successful in life and to have the best life ever." He said, his voice beggining to tremble.

"Ani, ani!" I slowly shook my head, my tears filling more making the first tear fall. "You will be there to give them that life, we will do it together until we die of old age."

"It's--just incase..." Daehyun sighed, slowly nodding as his hand brushed back and forth the top of mine.

My cry was let out loud, but only loud enough for us to only hear. The door flung open as the other five boys rushed in with worried and horrified looks.

"Hyung!" Zelo gasped as he scanned the chords and machines attatched to Daehyun.

Daehyun let out a calm smile as he gestured his closest friends to come closer to him. They did as they were told as they all kneeled on their knees around his bed. "Now, if I don't make it--"

"Bull crap, you will make it! You have to!" Jongup snapped for the first time. Jongup was usually extremely quiet and private. It was shocking to see him all of a sudden speak loud. I guess it was such a shock as the situation was serious.

"Let--me just talk." Daehyun ordered. The boys all loosened and paid attention. "If I don't make it, you must keep fighting without me, if you need to find a replacement then do it. Don't let the BABYz down, promise?"

Youngjae and Himchan started to tear up as they all shook their heads with disagreement.

"No, you will be--"

"Promise?" Daehyun repeated again, cutting Yongguk off in a louder tone.

They all slowly nodded and comforted their fellow group member. Youngjae buried his head in the bed and Daehyun gently stroked his head as Zelo tightly held onto Daehyun's other hand.

Once again, the door flung open, this time the doctor and a few nurses entering. The doctor gave us a small smile as he adjusted his glasses on his nose. "We will have to ask you to leave, we're going to start the surgery."

My eyes widened and rapidly locked with Daehyun's relaxed eyes. The beautiful eyes that I fell for and that told many stories. I managed to run as fast as I could beside his bed like a magnet. I let my remaining litres of tears drench his bed. I felt his warm hands secure my head into his shoulder.