12EETH

luckily, dad worked until late today, so after classes were done, i met with chan near the entrance of the school

"felix was absent today," i said to him.

"yeah," chan scratched the back of his neck. "he was kinda feeling under the weather today."

i nodded, trying my hardest to hide just how elated i felt.

we made it to my house, and i immediately got out a few snacks. i never really liked them because you never encouraged eating them and said they would ruin my teeth.

luckily, chan seemed to like them, and i asked if we should watch a movie, which he also agreed to.

we stayed in the livingroom, because i didn't want him seeing my room yet, especially when it had stuff in there that could startle him.

as the movie -- some kind of romantic-thriller -- our shoulders began to touch. i stared at his perfect side-profile, longing to just catch a glimpse of those delightful teeth of his.

but then, chan did something i totally wouldn't have expected. he looked away, hiding his face away from me, and his eyes looked particularly moist.

i asked if he was okay, and he only nodded.

"yeah, but -- " he watched me for a few long seconds, before clearing his throat and looking someplace else. "can i tell you something a bit personal?"

i nodded.

chan sighed. "you might've sensed that something's going on with felix and i, right?"

i blinked, my eyes darting away from his teeth. "...right."

"i'm into him, but he doesn't do that whole 'dating' thing. we can only do that friends with benefits thing." he coughed. "sorry if that was awkward."

i shook my head even though i was kind of relieved, yet pissed. my own feelings confused me. "it's fine. look, you can always talk to me about whatever, okay?"

chan met my eyes, and i grinned, uncurling my pinky finger.

he smiled back, linking his pinky with mine. "...sure, okay."

i was close enough now, and soon enough, i would have him within my grasp.

- lee minho, 16