Not such a Merry Christmas

Chapter 3

-
Emily's POV
-

Ali and I went straight to bed. I still can't believe she kissed me. I can't be falling for her. I don't want to. I know its not right for me to act like this, but love is a scary place for me. The thought that someone can control my whole world. No.Just no! I am not letting that happen again.

Yes I said again. I'm not the kind of girl to just never want to be in a relationship. I had a boyfriend. His name was Zac, we dated a few months ago. I thought he was the one. The perfect guy for me. From his looks to what I thought was a perfect personality I thought he had it all. I let him get all of me. Which happened to be the biggest mistake ever, cause he would always force me to do stuff and when I broke up with him, he didn't give 2 shits about it. Cause little did I know he was cheating on me.

-

Thinking about that brought tears to my eyes. Which woke Ali up. I slightly turned my head and found her staring at me. I am so not gonna look like a loser, crying for no reason. I quickly wiped the tears away.

"Em, are you crying?"

"What? No.. I'm just trying to relate to people who have to smell onions all the time. " I don't know what the hell I just said.

"Seriously. Do I look dumb to you? You could tell me" she said pulling me in for a hug.

Great the butterflies are back. I only ever got butterflies with one person... Zac.

No!!! I am not seriously comparing Ali to... Him. Alison is nothing like him, she's sweet, caring, smart, and she actually likes me. Or so I think. You don't just kiss random people you hardly know right? Or is that a rosewood thing?

But the thing is I actually thought that zac was all those things I used to describe alison.

Thinking of that I pulled away quickly from the tight hug she had me in.

"Are you alright?" She asked with worry in her eyes

"Um no.. Yea.. Yea I'm just fine. I should probably go home. " I said. I can't handle being in these thoughts on Christmas morning.

Before I knew anything else I felt ali slam me against the wall.

"Ali what are you doing " I say trying to get out of her tight grip.

"Your not going anywhere till you tell me why your acting like this"

"Just let me leave!" I shout at her. I instantly regretted that once I see tears form in her eyes.

"But I want you to stay" she said genuinely.

I can't say no to those eyes, I can't even say anything right now.

"I- I don't wanna be alone.. Please. Please I need you here"

"Cmon you hardly know me. You don't know a thing about me for goodness sakes like when I tell you I'm not into girls.. Will you keep flirting with me now." I have no idea what's going on with me right now. Sometimes you just gotta let all your stress go, even if its all on the person right in front of you.

"What are you talking about?" She asks totally oblivious.

"Are you serious? Alison we don't know a thing about each other. You can't possibly like me. "

" that's not true. I know enough things about you. Like your favorite color is blue cause it reminds you of the water. You have a past that you don't want to talk about.."

Everything else she said flew by my head.. My past.. That's something I don't want to talk about. I can't tell ali about Zac, I cant tell her about my parents. None of them.

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME!?" 

"yea.. If I tell you.. About the stuff happening to me.. Will you PLEASE never bring it up again. "

"i swear I won't. "

As if on cue the door bell rang.

"I'll get it" she says walking towards the door.

I sat quietly on the couch.

"Hey Ali! Surprise! And Merry Christmas" the stranger said.

I try to get a glance at him, but ali is blocking the veiw.

Now that I stare at her I realize how perfect she is. She was wearing an oversized T-shirt and no pants.  Her hair was flowing and the sun hit her gorgeous blonde hair. Oh my gosh! I'm falling for Alison Dilaurentis. And I don't seem to mind this feeling. 

"Nice to see you too. Come in " she told the stranger.

I now see his face. My jaw hit the floor. "Zac?" Escaped my mouth.