Prelude

You look around for a moment after the ship had landed. You were finally there, in Hanamura. Though not much has changed. The trees were the same, as well as the street and city lights. Something pulls your focus out with just a hand on the shoulder. You turn around and face Soldier 76, who had a rather comforting smile.

"You'll be alright. We can win this fight." He smiled a bit. It was rare to see the soldier smile, but he could sense that you were feeling nervewrecked about the upcoming battle.

Before you can reply, Tracer came in to interrupt, making sure you were ready. "Pardon the interruption, love, but we gotta go."  She half-smiled before the four of you went to grab your weapons and stand outside to formulate a plan. "Okay agents, we will need to split up. Tracer, you'll be going with me while we round-search the area. Y/N, you'll stay here with D.Va and look around for any enemies. Tracer will give a heads-up if we see a few or if you and D.Va see a few. And whatever you do, stay close. We don't want anyone to get hurt. Clear?"

"Yes sir."  You all said after a while before Jack and Tracer departed from the left and you and D.Va went on the right. It was sort of not very fair that D.Va was the only one on your team that was accepted for the mission to be support, while you, Tracer and Jack were soldiers and were on the front of the battlelines. Though Mercy was forced to stay behind at the medical bay in case anyone was hurt after the mission was over, and Reinhardt would be around later to wipe out the rest of the Japanese army.

Just as your thoughts began to trail off too quickly, suddenly you and D.Va were ambushed. "Y/N?! D.Va?! You guys alright?!" Jack's voice boomed over your headphones before you looked and attempted to reply back.

"Yeah! We just got ambushed. Look out, guys. I think we have ninjas and Yakuza on board." You warned softly. "Don't worry, I have a plan." Those six words were possibly the last ones you could ever say to Jack and Tracer. Because by now, an explosion had gone off, separating you from D.Va.

"Y/N?!! Y/N!! Are you still with me?!" Tracer's voice which was filled with rage. "Where's D.Va?! Jack told me that an explosion had separated you two." You can hear her going on and off on your headphones. You were breathing a bit too heavily before you look up to see a familiar figure standing above you and a few feet away. He had black hair that was sticking up, and the only thing you could see was his sword. You could also see his eyes, as the crimson glowed in the darkness and smoke all around.

"Y/N? Can you hear me?" Jack's voice rang through your ears. "What are you doing? Who is with you?" You remain silent, and unlike most soldiers who would run and cower away in fear, you weren't like the others. You had faced off with this man before. He defeated you once. You were sure you wouldn't be defeated again. Taking one last look at D.Va, who was unconscious and being carried away by a squad member on your team who was a Support, you finally give in and shout your answer to Jack and Tracer.

"I'm going in. I will not suffer the same fate as before." You said through your headphones, before taking them out and turning them off so you give the Support agent to them in case Jack and Tracer wanted to find you. Making it impossible for Tracer or Jack to communicate with you, for you were ready to face off with the agent who was your enemy. You then take a stand and start moving forward, despite your injuries from the explosion.

You were going to win. No matter what it took.