Chapter 2

Beep. Beep. Beep.

That was the sound that everyone had been hearing ever since the man in black had brought you back to the base. And then, out of sheer guilt, he vanished leaving you in the care of who stood as your team. Your body was laying limply in the bed over at the medical bay, the same way it laid during the battle at Hanamura. Though the memories you once had in Hanamura would soon be replaced with the ones of the previous night.

Jack had been pacing around in the hallway, mustering some harsh nothings under his breath while Tracer tried to calm him down. Assure him that you were going to be okay. But Jack did not seem to be convinced. Just the sight of you laying with bandages all across your body after that sacrifice you tried to make...It sickened him. It even frightened him, since you made a rather risky move. You had chosen to stand your ground and fight instead of run and flee, like some soldiers who were afraid of conflict would.

"God I hope Y/N wakes up soon. She made a risky move." Jack said quietly while D.Va silently looked on and Tracer, as usual, was calmly listening to him ramble. "Why would she do such a thing?! She could've gotten herself killed. Idiotic!"

"Jack. I'm sure she'll be okay. Yes, that was a risky move. But she did do what she thought was right. She was the only one brave enough to stand up to Blackwatch." Ana looked as she came over. She usually wasn't this serious about one of the Overwatch agents being hurt after a mission, but Jack was sort of overreacting. "I got word from Mercy that Y/N will make a recovery. Seems she was slashed by a wazikashi a few times and lost consciousness due to the amount of blood she lost." She told the three before making her departure.

A little while later, you had woken up. You blinked a bit before trying to slowly rise. But the pain from your lower abdomen stops you from fully sitting up. This would probably be enough to catch the attention of your teammates and the Strike Commander as they immediately rushed in though Tracer accidentally cut D.Va off and slammed the door so it was two people at a time, causing D.Va to pout through the window.

"Hey. Don't sit up so quickly. You need time to recover." Jack said before you looked. He did not sound impressed, from the way you overheard him and his rambling of how much of an idiot you were to sell your soul to the devil. The devil being the ninja who ended up saving your ass and returning you to the base rather than going through with his original plan of assassinating you and bringing your head to Reyes, Amelie, and McCree. "Explain what happened. I want to know everything. And whatever you do, don't leave a detail out." He said as he and Tracer both sat down beside you.

You quietly look on at them, trying desperately to remember. The only thing that went through your mind was the fight outside the dojo.

Flashback. Nearby the dojo. Hanamura, Japan.

"You won't be able to hide away from me this time." A cold, yet harsh distortion of metallic sounded off, as he had drawn his sword. Under his mouth piece, you could tell he was smirking. "And good thing you were able to inform your team that you would rather face off with me, rather than run. I sense bravery from you."

"You... You really think I would run, right?" You ask perplexed a bit about how he actually knew that you had informed Jack and Tracer that you intended to end the battle yourself instead of flee. But then again, this man was clever. Scary clever. "You asked for this, anyway." You say before he smirked and gave out the first attack. You had dodged and dove for most of the attacks, and whenever you tried, he would immediately block or reflect them back on you.

"This wasn't a good idea at all..." You murmured softly to yourself while fending off the attacks. Even though you were also forced to take a few. Suddenly, what really caught you off guard was that you launched off the roof to avoid a shadow bomb being blasted, but only this backfired. You covered your face to block out the smoke. Eventually in a matter of minutes, he appeared again before he had you pinned on your back, his sword in his hand.

"Totemo gakkaridesu." [1] He smirked at you, lowering the blade. "I thought you would be braver. A lot stronger. Yet here you are..Thinking about your last few moments of life. How weak can you actually get? You're not a soldier. You...are nothing."

Your eyes widened before he lowers it any further and you quickly move away, causing the slash mark to appear on your shoulder. Then, it was a game of cat and mouse, only it was both of you throwing off attacks at one another. He took a few hits himself but you...You were battered.

"Shinpaishinaide kudasai..." [2] He smirked again before his sword gently traced your skin. "This will only take a few minutes." He then moves to stab you in your stomach making you gasp. You shut your eyes as you tried to take the sword out but then he forcefully pulls it out of you. You fall over as you winced a bit. This really hurt..

End of Flashback. Present time.

You had finished explaining yourself and the entire situation. But this only caused Jack to become even more upset. Tracer and D.Va both knew that look very well, whereas you did not. You feared you were going to be kicked off the team for failing to follow directions.

"You do know that what you did was a stupid move. Maybe I ought to send your ass over to Blackwatch. Since that fucking thrilled you so damn much!" Jack then yelled as Tracer tried to get him to calm down. She knew you didn't like being yelled at but at the same time.. You just kind of take it. Jack was right about that. You were being an idiot by fighting off someone that proved to be much stronger. Only this time, Jack's mind wasn't being changed. He was deeply upset with you for ruining the mission. And the next few words were going to sting you so much in the heart that you wouldn't be able to feel it.

"I'm disgusted with you, Y/N. You caused us to fail our mission by trying and play the fucking hero card when it wasn't even the right time. Or even the right place. Well you know what? Genji should've fucking taken your life. Because when you recover from your injuries, I want you gone and your bags packed. You're fired." Jack snarled a bit harshly. "Let's go D.Va. Tracer. I'll call Commander Reyes tomorrow morning for Y/N to be switched over to Blackwatch. See how she likes it there." He stood up and started to walk out of the room. D.Va followed by Jack closely as well as Tracer. Tracer then looked at you with a very apologetic look before she quickly departed with her teammate and the Strike Commander.

You sighed quietly to yourself as hot tears started to stream down your face. You made a brutal mistake.. And your consequence for it was Jack kicking you off of the Overwatch team and switching you over to Blackwatch by the time you recover from the attack. Maybe by then you would probably become more aware of your actions next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[1]=I'm quite disappointed.

[2]=Don't worry.

Disclaimer: Jack, D.Va and Tracer will be demoted to supporting roles, while Gabriel, Jesse, and Genji will be upgraded to main roles from chapter 3-onwards.

I'm so sorry for Jack being OOC, I felt that him being angry at Reader would only make sense. Though he will come to regret his decision in the end.