Chapter 5

It was a fairly quiet ride over to the mission as you, Genji, McCree and Gabriel were sitting on one side of the plane while D.Va, Tracer, Mei and Jack were sitting on the other. You hadn't seen or spoken to D.Va, Tracer and Jack since you and Jack had a falling out after the battle at Hanamura. But on Winston and Ana's orders, they wanted Overwatch and Blackwatch to work together for this one mission. And Jack had supposedly brought Mei in as part of the team after your dismissal. Which slightly annoyed and angered you, but you paid no mind to it. After all, Mei was a force not to be reckoned with.

Genji and Gabriel looked as they both sensed the uneasy tension between you and Jack. Jack was gazing over at you while you didn't spare him one glance. You knew Jack would sometimes visit the base, whenever he and Gabriel had something to talk about. Sometimes he would ask Gabriel about your progress. You were doing quite well despite suffering that nearly fatal attack, though something in you had snapped off after the fallout from the battle.

Meanwhile, the intercom had spoken out of the silence between the two groups. Ana. She had some updates for the mission against Talon in France.

"Alright agents. I feel that it's easier for you eight to be split into two groups of four in order to complete the mission. McCree, you'll be going with Mei, Gabriel and D.Va. Meaning.. Y/N, you'll be going with Genji, Tracer and Jack. I know this isn't easy for you since you and Jack don't really get along but don't let hard feelings get in the way of getting the job done, alright? Is that understood?" Ana stated as Winston was simply listening.

"Yes, Captain." You all sounded. Yeah, hopefully there wouldn't be hard feelings. You thought quietly to yourself. After all, Jack did turn his back on you when you most needed him. You made a mistake at the battle in Hanamura. You shouldn't have fought off Genji, but what else would you had done? Run and flee, risking getting the headphones messed up?

Flashback.

"You do know that what you did was a stupid move. Maybe I ought to send your ass over to Blackwatch. Since that fucking thrilled you so damn much!"

"You caused us to fail our mission by trying and play the fucking hero card when it wasn't even the right time."

"Genji should've fucking taken your life. Because when you recover from your injuries, I want you gone and your bags packed. You're fired."

"I'll call Commander Reyes tomorrow morning for Y/N to be switched over to Blackwatch. See how she likes it there."

End of Flashback.

The words Jack had said echoed into your head as you sat there with nothingness reading your face. Your departure from Overwatch and Mei's arrival as your replacement definitely took a drastic turn in the way you thought about things. You didn't really think you would be replaced that quickly. But before you could drift away into your thoughts again, a clearing of the throat was sounded by the cyborg who had sat on the other side of you.

"Commander said he wanted to speak with you. Privately. Me and Tracer will be waiting outside nearby the hotel room." He said before the two of you got off the plane. You could only quietly nod and follow closely beside him. The eight of you had split into your groups and went to your separate ways. You four had gone off into the darker part of the French city, but not before someone had grabbed your wrist, stopping you in your tracks. Genji and Tracer were following closely, but they decided to stop at the hotel's doors.

You freeze right in your place, and slowly turn yourself around. You found yourself glancing into a pair of blue eyes and a stoic expression.

Jack.