Chapter 10: Justice and truth

F/N's perspective

F/N: "Hey everyone.......

I chuckled nervously before wincing as I held my bleeding head, the stinging feeling forcing me to jerk my hand away. Looking out into the crowd as they stared at me and Garvel, some people moved through the crowd as Kate, Lily and Rachel broke out of it. Moving my other hand I made my staff go back into its travel mode and put it on my belt.

Kate: "F/N!"

F/N: "I know, I know."

Kate grabbed a napkin off a table and started to wipe the blood out of my eye. Lily looked up and over at Garvel. Who Rachel now was beside.

Lily: "What happened.....

F/N: "I don't know. Why don't you tell them about your little business plan!"

I yelled out as Rachel helped her father to her feet.

Garvel: "Oh really? How I simply wanted to make a deal and this half-elf mongrel attacked me! I was simply defending myself!"

He said in a defensive tone as everyone stared between us.

Garvel: "Which let's talk about that. The secret is out! You're a dirty half-elf, and of High elf blood by the looks of it!"

There were chatting going through the crowd as they still looked at the scene before them. Looking to the side I saw Mountain on his phone as he looked at me, giving a nod. I nodded back as I glared at Garvel.

F/N: "Really, playing victim after what you did!"

Garvel: "What do you mean? I am the victim. You should be put in prison for assault."

F/N: "Funny, I was thinking the same for you and I think most will agree in the next few moments."

Garvel: "What could you possibly...... mean."

His face paled a bit as I pulled out my phone. Holding my finger over the play button I met Rachel's gaze as I smiled sadly.

F/N: "And Rachel, I'm sorry for thinking you were ever apart of his plan."

She was confused as I hit the play button as the sound could be heard throughout the hall.

Phone:

Garvel: "Oh yes, that. I am quite surprised you were able to stop that. Though I do have to thank you I guess, you did bring my daughter closer to me, though I didn't frankly don't care about her feelings in using her."

F/N: "Wait you what?"

Garvel: "You mean you?..........Oh how priceless! You really thought she was in on it didn't you?"

F/N: "She wasn't.......

Garvel: "Oh yes, I just used your little date as cover for my plans, but you finished too soon. Damn girl was supposed to keep you there longer for a 'surprise ' I had for you. But that's the past, let's focus on the now."

The chatter grew as people gasped and looked at Garvel who was looking around and sweating. I stopped the recording as I put my phone away.

Garvel: "L-lies, it's a fake recording.. h-he's trying to fram-

He didn't finish as Rachel sucker punched him in the face, her breathing hitched as she looked down at her father.

Rachel: "I-I believed you. You said he was lying, yet you were the one doing it! You made me think he didn't care, that he only wanted to hurt us but it was you! You and your greed!"