Chapter 4

ECLIPSE

The royal family all soared down to the ocean side, Darkstalker taking the lead. He lead the, to the roaring beach, waves slamming against the rocks and side of the cliffs. The weather was sunny and hot, perfect day for sleeping but they came out here.

Darkstalker slowed his pace, letting Clearsight take the lead, showing that the two had been to the place a lot together. He flew underneath Eclipse, her body almost small as his head and it made her realize that she wasn't big yet and she couldn't do all things wanted right now. She thought of all the possibilities that she wanted to do when she got to be full size, or at least 5 years old. Mindgazer glanced at her but his gaze swiveled back in front of him seeing her angry gaze for reading her mind.

"We're going to learn something today." He said to her. Eclipse was excited to see what was going to happen for she didn't know what was going to happen. Futuresight did. If she wanted. She could look into the future just as powerful as their mother.

Clearsight dove into a large sea cave, very comfortable, everyone else following. They all landed and Darkstalker told them to line up. Once they were all lined up and Clearsight was at his side, he spoke. "Eclipse wanted to go to the sea cave to do this." He said evenly. "This test is used by seawings but were going to use it today." He flapped his wings with humor. "Find a rock"

The six dragonets broke formation, searching everywhere for a perfect rock, confused in what they were about to do. Only Futuresight and Mindgazer knew at this point and of course, Clearsight. Eclipse picked up a smooth rock, perfect for whatever they were about to do.

"Tell the rock to..." he thought for a moment. "To land at my feet." He said and sat down, excitedly, waiting.

Eclipse thought it was silly but everyone else did it. So she did it as well. "Land at my dad's feet."

The rock shot of if her talons and landed at Darkstalker's feet. He sat there, looking with a pleased expression in his face. "Congratulations daughter, you're an animus."

"A what?" Her talons tingled, her brain not processing what happened.

"What?!" Fierceclaws shot to her feet. "That's not fair! She threw it! See!" Her sister threw the rock at Darkstalker, hitting Clearsight's arm.

Clearsight growled in pain and flared at ephedra daughter. "Fierceclaws!"

"She doesn't even know what an animus is!" Fierceclaws continued yelling.

Eclipse looked down guilty. She really wished she payed attention in class now.

"Come Eclipse." Darkstalker spreader his wings,

"Where are we going?" She asked, slipping under his wings as he gazed at her. It was a look that she'd never forget. It was a look of warm pride. So much pride it took away all the bad feelings in the world.

"I'm going to teach you how to be an animus."