Chapter 6

Eclipse looked over the balcony and sighed. She saw NightWings flying below at a festival. She desperately wished that she could leave the castle. She was strictly told not to leave or talk unless she had permission and she always followed the rules. Most NightWings could just run away from her usually. But tonight, she was feeling rebellious and she spread her wings, leaping in the balcony edge.

"Eclipse, no!" Fierceclaws growled behind her. "I know what your doing."

Eclipse sighed and turned around. "Don't try to stop me!" She begged.

"Not unless you let me come with you," she leaped beside her sister, looking below.

"Us too!" Shadowhunter's voice called and they turned around and also saw Battlefire also.

Eclipse thought for a moment. "Fine." She hissed. "Now let go before everyone decided to join." She dove without a reply, wing beats sounding behind her. She landed a little ways away from the party and waited for her siblings to land. "Listen lizards," her gaze scanned the other three. "Don't go far, stick together and don't do anything stupid."

They all nodded and went on the festival. Music and dragon's laughing and shouting were everywhere. Lights flashed and games were played. There was joy. That was rare to them. They all stayed together and Battlefire caught a NightWings eye and she gasped, shrinking into the shadow, looking right and left for a way to escape.

Was she afraid? And why?

Battlefire waved at her and she darted away. Battlefire growled offended and ran after her.

"No!" Eclipse hissed, lunging for his tail but she missed and Battlefire grabbed the other NightWings arm and she shrieked, flapping desperately to get from his grasp. Eyes tired to them, more gasp erupted from the watching crowd, startled, Battfire let go and rejoined his siblings.

The watching NightWings stared at them as they made their way looking around. A pair of curious eyes watched them from the side and he waved his talons for them to follow. Eclipse told her siblings to follow the strange dragon into his tent. What if they were to kill them? She wished Quickslayer was here. What was she thinking? Fierceclaws and Battlefire could find as well. So could she!

They sat down as the nightwing with glasses looked at them. "Im not supposed to be talking to you but you four aren't supposed to be here."

"We're aware." Fierceclaws said rudely.

"Children of King Darkstalker..." he looked at them with awe and he didn't seem so afraid as everyone else did.

"Tell us why everyone is afraid of us!" She demanded.

The nightwing sighed and settled down. He begin to tell her from the beginning. Foeslayer and Arctic, their forbidden love, then Darkstalker and Whiteout, what Darkstalker did for the tribe and he was right beside the queen. Foeslayer died and Darkstalker enchanted his own wife. The nightwing got to that part where Artic ripped open him self under Darkstalks commands and Eclipse stopped him, tears erupting. "It's not true!" She hissed.

The nightwing blinked. "Sorry princess, you asked and I told. Ask anyone else if they won't run away from you."

"What's that seawings name?"

"Fathom." He replied.

"So that's how Foeslayer got her name..." Shadowhunter mumbled, thinking about their cousin.

She looked at her siblings. "I'm going to go talk to Fatom."

There was long pause as no one said anything.

"Dad will stop you." Fierceclaws said.

"I'm an animus too." She reminded her and she growled with jealousy.

"Ha! Really!?" The stranger curled his tail in delight. "I've should've known!"

"What's your name?" Battlefire asked.

"Knowledgeseeker." He didn't seem very engaging and that he was acting like he was talking to the royal family. He seemed like they were ordinary.

"Come to the palace with us. Your...full of knowledge." Eclipse grabbed his wrist.

"Aww, thanks but anyone knows the story. Darkstalker wants us to know so no one will disobey him,"

Eclipse still couldn't really believe him. Darkstalker was so sweet and kind and didn't seem like he'd do anything like that.