I get on tv the hard way

The sun was sinking behind the mountains by the time we found the water park. Judging from the sign, it once had been called WATERLAND, but now some of the letters were smashed out, so it read WAT R A D. Or at least I think it did. Again dyslexia makes deciphering words a little hard.

The main gate was padlocked and topped with barbed wire. Inside, huge dry water slides and tubes and pipes curled everywhere, leading to empty pools. Old tickets and advertisements fluttered around the asphalt. With night coming on, the place looked sad and creepy.

"If Ares brings his girlfriend here for a date," Percy said, staring up at the barbed wire, "I'd hate to see what she looks like."

"Percy," Annabeth warned. "Be more respectful."

"Why?" I questioned raising an eyebrow

"He's still a god. And his girlfriend is very temperamental."

"You don't want to insult her looks," Grover added.

"Who is she? Echidna?" Percy asked making me giggle

"No, Aphrodite," Grover said, a little dreamily. "Goddess of love."

"I thought she was married to somebody," I started trying to remember the guys name. "Hephaestus."

"What's your point?" Grover asked.

"Oh." I suddenly felt the need to change the subject. "So how do we get in?"

"Maia!" Grover's shoes sprouted wings.

He flew over the fence, did an unintended somersault in midair, then stumbled to a landing on the opposite side. He dusted off his jeans, as if he'd planned the whole thing. "You guys coming?"

I weighed my options. I could try and fly over the fence. Unlike the whole speed running thing that I still wasn't entirely in control of, flying almost felt natural. Like I was in my element. After a few seconds I closed my eyes and commanded the winds to propel me up and over the fence.

"Huh, flying's pretty fun when you're not trying to go down 900 feet." I said matter-of-factly.

If I was stronger I probably could have carried Percy and Annabeth over, but sense I wasn't they had to climb over the old-fashioned way. Holding down the barbed wire for each other as They crawled over the top.

The shadows grew long as we walked through the park, checking out the attractions. There was Ankle-Biter-Island, Head-Over-Wedgie, and Dude, Where's My Swimsuit? Even If the place wasn't closed down I imagine it still wouldn't have been very cool.

No monsters came to get us. Nothing even made the slightest noise.

We found a souvenir shop that had been left open. Merchandise still lined the shelves: snow globes, pencils, postcards, and racks of—

"Clothes," Annabeth said. "Fresh clothes."

"Yeah," Percy said. "But you can't just—"

"Watch me, come on Super girl."

She grabbed my hand and proceeded to snatch an entire row of stuff off the racks. I had never really been into shopping, but then again I never really had someone to go with.

She dragged me to the dressing rooms and then dropped the pile on the ground

"Here," she said handing me a top and some pants. "These will probably fit you"

I took the clothes, "thanks."

We then walked into separate stalls. A few minutes later I came out in a bright yellow top that read WATER LAND in a big white font. The shirt was WAY too big on me and was almost more like a dress. I kept on my ratty jean shorts from before since the pants Annabeth gave me didn't fit in the slightest. I guess water land didn't have a kids section.