12- Royal Ball

"So what your telling me is that I have to pat down random men for anything suspicious?" Jae asked Dowoon, he had only now been informed about his new job. He was getting fitted for the event while speaking with the commander, being told 'it was a last minute thing' and 'has no other choice but to comply'.

"Yes, seeing as you were known to be quite the excellent pick pocketer, I believe you are the best option for this task." Dowoon said, he was still dressed in his guarding outfit and he will be guarding the inside of the ballroom. He lead Jae out of the fitting room and took him to where Younghyun was sitting on his throne.

Younghyun looked at the two and gave a sigh while rubbing his temple, "I still do not think this idea is grand but...if it's for our safety than it must be done." He got up and walked informe of Jae, he put both his arms out and spoke, "I have two dangerous weapons somewhere in my clothing. I want you to search for them."

In order for someone to have the roll of patting down others, they must be approved by the king in some way. Determining how good they are at finding the items people would hide under their clothes. Jae gave a nod and started to pay down the king. "I don't seem to find anything on you, sir Brian." He said while backing away slightly to look at Younghyun properly.

Younghyun smiled, "Good job, I actually never had anything on me in the first place." He turned to Dowoon, "Commander Dowoon, this will be the only time I approve of this, but you must promise to never again act without permission again."

Dowoon nodded and bowed, "Yes, Sir King."

"Now, the ball starts tonight, we must finish getting prepared," the king said before going to his own dressing room to get fitted. It was only few hours before the event starts and it takes a bit of time for the whole castle staff to get ready.

Jae looked down at Dowoon, "What was the point of that?" He asked, though he lived to a castle before, he never really understood the procedures that are done in them.

"It was just a test of some sort, it is a must have process for your job, even if I was gonna force him to accept you either way." Dowoon explained.

The ball had finally begun, Jae stood next to Younghyun by the doors that enter the ballroom. The king was there to greet to guests for about an hour and then go inside once he was done. Jae was to check for any inconveniences these guests might bring in, then he was to follow Younghyun inside.

"It is certainly uncomfortable touching people like this." Jae said, shivering at the thought of patting down random people. Sure he pick pocketed before but this was different. This time he actually has to search deep in the persons clothing rather than quickly snatching a loose item from their pocket.

"It will only be for a—" Younghyun paused his sentence when he noticed the uncomfortable yet fearful face Jae had made. He followed Jae's gaze and saw King Sungjin walking up to them with his chofer(did I spell it right? Idc), Felix. "Oh..," was all he could say.

"It seems we meet once again." Sungjin spoke while looking at Jae and then practically glaring at Younghyun. "It has been quite sometime since we met, Jaehyung."

Younghyun was slightly confused by the name the other king had used, it took him a second to put one and two together. Jaehyung must have been Jae's full name, remembering how the former thief had refused to say it fully when they had first met. He was disappointed he didn't get to hear it come from Jae during a nice romantic moment that they had to themselves.(*cough cough*drafted version of Rayal Garden*cough cough*)

"Let us just get this up and done with, shall we?" Younghyun said quickly before the tension around them gets worse. He stopped Jae when he stepped forward to pat Sungjin, instead he grabbed a guard to do so.

"You didn't have to..." Jae whispered to the king.

Younghyun only smiled and said, "But if you are uncomfortable with touching strangers then I believe this would be uncomfortable too, would it not?"

"I assume so.." he mumbled while Sungjin walked inside the ball room.

***
My bad for the sudden ending
I kinda lied when I said I would make this 1k words
—I mean
U can't say that I didn't try cuz this is about 750ish words excluding the ones I'm currently writing
Anyways(I notice I write anyways quite a bit in these small A/N's)
Peace
Stay safe Stay healthy
Ima say that every chapter now
If I remember, that is