Part 13

Usually before the concerts I let the guys hang out and have their space and I wait for the sound check and meet and greet to start but now I am always with them taking pictures of everything.  I know this will get annoying but I have no say in the matter.  I just try to stay in the background and let them do their thing.  I try to stay focused but I feel like my face might fall off at any moment.  If I get anything done I will get the fan request pictures and have someone take me to the hospital if it comes down to that.  I hope it doesn’t.

To keep the pain to a minimum I have decided to pick one spot for tonight and stay in it.  During the sound check they are so funny and I have to keep from laughing because it hurts too much.  At one point Louis comes over to me to tell me to go to the hospital and I snap a picture right in his face.  It makes him laugh so hard.  I try to touch my nose to see if I can tell if it’s broken or not.  I barely get my finger tips on my face and shooting pain runs through my body.  I am no doctor but I am 99% sure it’s broken.

During the meet and greet I try to keep my distance from the fans while I get my pictures.  I don’t want them to ask me what happened.  I know my face is swollen and I must look like I got into a fight.  Well I kinda did.  I got into a fight with a door and lost.  I feel bad for Niall because he feels so guilty.  I keep telling him not to worry about it.  He couldn’t have known.

After the meet and greet I follow the guys into the dressing room.  ”They want behind the scenes pictures, do you think they want pictures of you guys changing?” I ask, joking.

"I’m sure they want to see.  Doesn’t mean they should see," Liam says as they change out of their personal clothes and into their stage clothes.  I walk out of the room and let them be. I walk into the bathroom to take a look at my face.  It’s more swollen than it was earlier.  It really does not look good.  If I had time to put some ice on it I would to get the swelling down but I don’t have the time.

They all come out and hang out before they have to go on.  Zayn comes over to me and kisses me on the forehead.  I am thankful for that because I think if he kisses me anywhere else it’ll hurt. “You should go to…” he starts to say.

"If I hear the word hospital one more time I am going to scream," I interrupt.  I know they’re just looking out for me but it’s so annoying.  "I promise, I will go after the show.  I have to set up.  Have a good time out there."

"I always do."

Some how some way I got through the show.  The pain is growing and I almost gave up but I am determined…or maybe stupid…possibly both.  I just love my job so much.  I stop at the bathroom before going to Paul to have him take me to the hospital.  I look at myself in the mirror and now my face is  starting to bruise.  It looks really bad.  I don’t want the guys to see me because I know they will worry.  I text Paul to meet me outside the bathroom to take me.  When he gets to me I can tell by the look on his face that it’s not good.  I know they’re supposed to be traveling tonight and I am holding that up.  I told Paul to just drop me off and I will rent a car and drive to Miami and he is fine with that.

After waiting for a few hours to be seen I finally get called in and get x-rays taken.  The nose isn’t too crooked so I am hoping it’s not a serious break that will need surgery.  the doctor comes back into the room where I am waiting and puts up the x-rays.  ”You are lucky.  You have a minor fracture.  I will give you a prescription for some medication to maintain any pain you may encounter.  Stay away from any strenuous activity that may upset the fracture.  It will take about 6 weeks to heal.  I know you won’t be here in 6 weeks but I do suggest where ever you are in 6 weeks to get it looked at.”  He scribbles something on a prescription paper and hands that to me and his card.  I thank him and head out to the parking garage.  Paul sent me the location of the rental car he dropped off for me so I locate the car and then head off to a 24 hour Walgreens to get my pain meds.  I know I am going to need them.