Part 6

I have just about a week to get my stuff together before the tour kicks off.  Luckily we start off in London and we go from there.  Simon gave me a credit card to use for any gear I may need.  I already have my camera but I bought a tripod that folds up and fits into a backpack.  It’ll be perfect for when I need to move around the arenas.  I also bought a few more lenses which I am extremely excited to test out.  He told me there’s no limit to what I can buy but I feel weird.  He keeps telling me to buy a new camera but mine does the trick.

I have also bought a new suitcase that specially houses cameras and camera equipment.  I made sure it’s still small enough to carry on because I refuse to check my camera.  It’s like my baby.  It’s my bread and butter; my livelihood.  I’m not taking a chance of it getting lost or stolen.  It’s a little sad that I’m given a credit card and told, “buy whatever you want” and I’m excited about a tripod and suitcase.

I’ve lived here for 2 weeks and I still haven’t been able to sleep all that well.  I find myself going for walks late at night around our complex.  I take out my phone and check twitter.  Not much going on.  ’Cant sleep. Walking again’.  I look towards Zayn’s place, which is a little ways down, and his lights are off.  I’m a little disappointed, I would have enjoyed his company. I look over at Louis and Harry’s, lights out there too.  I feel like I’m the only one in the world who is still awake.

"It’s not safe to walk around at night with dark clothing, you know?" the question startles me and I turn around quickly to see Niall standing there behind me.

"Oh Niall, you scared me," I say putting my hand over my fast beating heart.

"Sorry about that.  Can’t sleep?".  We continue walking along.

"Nope.  The other night I walked so long that the sun came up and I was still out here."

"Wow, why do you think that is?" he asks as he takes his hat off, throws it in the air, and catches it.

"Because I am destined to be miserable," I reply, half kidding.

"I don’t think you are.  You are just missing that thing from your life that will make all your worries go away." We stop in front of Zayn’s apartment and Niall looks towards it.  I see what he’s getting at but I refuse to acknowledge it.  Zayn is off limits.

"What about you?  Why are you out this late?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"I’m coming back from a party.  I saw you walking and wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Thanks, Niall, you’re sweet.".

We get to his place so we say our goodnights and he goes inside.  I continue to walk a few times around the complex before heading back to my place.  I take one more look at Zayn’s apartment hoping I’d see any sign of light but I don’t.  I guess I’m better off that way.  I get to my place and walk in.  I jump about 20 feet high when I see someone sitting on my couch.  It’s Zayn.

"There you are, I was beginning to worry," he says with a twinkle in his eyes.  The moon light is reflecting off of them so perfectly.

"I didn’t know you came over," I say as I make my way to the couch.

"I saw your tweet and decided to surprise you.  I didn’t know you’d stay out so long"

I sit down next to him and without thinking rest my head on his shoulder.  ”I ran into Niall so he kept me company.”. We’ll just leave the part out where I basically stalked his place hoping he’d be home.

He puts his arm around me and pulls me close.  ”Simon would go mad if he saw us right now.”

I roll my eyes.  Simon doesn’t understand how much I miss human contact right now.  ”In this moment I don’t care.  He’s probably sleeping, like the rest of the world.”