27 - should've eaten

I woke up a few hours later in a hospital, my brother pacing the room on his phone.

"She can't right now," he shouted down the line. I could hear muffled sounds on the other side and my brother rolled his eyes.

"She's in fucking hospital and you're asking her to keep filming?!" He yelled before hanging up the phone.

He noticed I was awake and immediately rushed to my side.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, my head hurts like hell though,"

"Y/N?" He asked looking me straight in the eye, his tone serious.

"Yeah?"

"When was the last time you ate something?"

"Umm, I'm not sure like five days ago maybe."

"And the last time you had a drink?"

"Four days ago,"

He looked at me sympathetically.

"You haven't eaten since the earthquake?" He said and I nodded.

"How was I supposed to? I didn't know if Daya was ok?" I reasoned and he nodded understandingly.

"Oh my god, shit, Daya, I need to go to LA right now," I cried, starting to get up but Ethan held me down.

"No, you don't, I called Z, explained what happened and she doesn't want you coming to LA for a few days until you start eating again and are healthy,"

"No, but I have to go, you don't understand, you don't know what happened, you-"

"Her dad died, I know, you told me, as well as most of the cast and crew,"

"Fuck, what if they spread it, the press aren't meant to know, Z will be so mad, shit,"

"It's fine, we all had a conversation and agreed not to tell anyone,"

"Oh my god thank you so much," I said gratefully and he smiled at me.

This was a very short chapter but it's kind of a connecting chapter, only 308 words.