36 - continuing filming

The next day I woke up and slid o it of bed to make pancakes. Z was the first one to wake up and she wandered into the kitchen when I was frying the first one.

"Smells good, pancakes?"

"Yep!" I said cheerfully giving her a big smile. She wrapped her arms around me from behind as I flipped the pancake in the air.

"You're good at that," she remarked.

"You wanna go?" I asked

"I'll probably fail," she chuckled.

"It's fine I have loads of batter," I say as I pass get the pan. She flips the pancake but misses the catch and it lands on the stove top.

I burst into a fit of laughter as she squeals and makes a face.

"I think I found the one things you're not good at," I managed through my laughs.

She pouted at me but it only made me laugh more. I finally stopped laughing and pouted back at her.

"Aww I'm sorry baby but you have to admit you're not the best,"

She pouted again so I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Here," I said as I poured some more batter into the pan and let it cook for a bit. I stood behind Daya and put my hand on the back of hers.

"Take the pan," I directed and she did as I said.

I shook the pan first so the pancake didn't stick to the bottom before flipping it expertly and it landed nicely back in the pan.

"There," I smirked, releasing her form my grip and putting the pancake on the first plate. I grabbed the plate and the Nutella and passed them to Z.

"Bon appetite," I smiled and she grinned and spread the Nutella on the pancake.

"Mhmm it's good," she said with her mouth full of pancake. I laughed at how cute she looked with chubby cheeks stuffed with pancakes and started on the next one.

After she'd finished eating I taught her how to flip pancakes by herself and by the time everyone emerged we had a small stack for each person. As well as a little collection on the floor which Noon quickly hoovered up.

"See you're an expert now," I smirk as she flipped the last one.

"Well I had an amazing teacher," she grins and I snake my arms around her waist to give her a gentle kiss.

"Ew not over the food," Julien groaned as he walked in and rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Good morning to you too," I sighed.

"At least we're made you food I don't see you making us pancakes,"

"Smells amazing," Austin said as he came into the kitchen.

Eventually everyone joined us and dug into their pancakes. Afterwards most of us sat in the living room and watched Netflix for a bit before going to get changed and getting the house ready for the rest of the family to bring their stuff over.

They arrived just before lunch so we showed them the house and their rooms before ordering some chipotle.

After we ate me and Z retreated into our room to watch Netflix. We'd been watching for about 40 minute when Z paused the episode and sat up on the bed.

"Umm can I say something?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah sure," I replied sitting opposite her and taking her hand.

She took a deep breath before saying.

"I miss filming, I want to start acting again," she looked up at me cautiously and a big smile appeared on my face.

"That's great!" I said happily.

"Really, you're not annoyed?"

"Why would I be annoyed?"

"I don't know just cuz you'd probably be filming right now if it weren't for me and we probably wouldn't see each other as much,"

"Z?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you and I'd much rather be here than in Italy. If you want to start filming again then go ahead and do it I don't mind if we don't see each other as much just being your girlfriend is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so lucky." I said and I smiled softly. She grinned at my smile when she realised I was serious and that I was really ok with her continuing filming.

"I love you too, thank you," she grinned. I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her delicately. I deepened the kiss as I pushed her onto her back and climbed on top of her.

The door suddenly opened and Darnell appeared at the door. I jumped off her quickly.

"Do you guys always start doing that when I come in or do you just do it all the time,"

"Shut up," Daya said grumpily, "why are you even in here,"

"We're taking Noon on a walk I was gunna ask if you wanted to come but obviously you're busy,"

"We'll come," Z said and she stood up to grab a jumper and I followed. He raised his eyebrow but nodded and left the room.

"Sorry about him I genuinely think he times everything he comes in just to interrupt us,"

"It's fine, are you gunna tell them?" I ask

"Yep," she said and I gave her one last kiss before we headed out for the walk.

884 words. Thanks for reading.