25

Rosalind Decker was beyond pissed at the faculty board for deciding to suspend all the classes for the time being. As the dean she, of course, had to stay on the grounds and do all the paperwork and just be there in case someone came by and wanted something. It was ridiculous. Yes, maybe a few people had died or had gone missing but that was no reason to spread the panic. She was confident if everyone for once took notice of their surroundings and not go clubbing in some suspicious place, then everyone would be safe.

The students were of course happy that they could wander around all day with their friends and risk their lives instead of sitting in a safe classroom. Rosalind couldn't understand that logic. What pained her the most was the fact that due to the short notice, they hadn't been able to organize any kind of online classes and since they didn't know how long it would last, it was impossible to forecast everything.

Rosalind let out a long sigh putting a stake of papers from one spot on her desk to another so that she wouldn't confuse everything. The amount of work was overwhelming and it was the worst kind of work. "It it lasts another fucking week I'm quitting." The woman muttered to herself choosing to reward herself with a coffee breaking.

She stood up from the desk and made herself a cup of coffee in her personal coffee machine. Being a dean had some perks after all, but still, she would prefer to be home with her husband and kids who each day would welcome her with a burn dinner and a big mess that she would have to clean up later herself. Rosalind sat back down on the chair, leaned back and put her feet up on the desk enjoying the bitter taste of coffee.

Wanting to make the most of her brake, Rosalind put in her earbuds and turned on some music. At least for once the whole building was dead quiet and she could listen to music and sing along to it to her heart's content. She was lost in her little world a bit longer that she originally intended her break to last but who was there to judge her? Eyes closed, she hummed happily until she felt someone tap her shoulder.

Surprised, she yelped and almost knocked over the stack of papers which would make her job that much more difficult. Rosalind opened her eyes to find two young men in front of her desk who could potentially be her students (she didn't bother to familiarize herself with all of their faces). The dean took the earbuds out of her best and sat up more straight. "You should have knocked." She said trying and failing not to give away how annoyed she was.

"We did." One of them, a tall young man with dark hair and equally dark eyes, said. "But no one answered."

Rosalind rolled her eyes. "Then you should have assumed that I was too busy to talk to you."

"It doesn't look like you're busy." The one one with red hair said.

"What do you want?" She asked in a straight-forward manner, wanting to get rid of them as soon as she could and go back to her papers (or music).

She looked expectantly at the taller one of the due. "My name is Carl Murphy." Then he gestured at his friend. "And this Yuli...ugh, just Yuli." He was silent for a moment as if waiting for his friend to speak but when he remained silent, Carl continued. "And we would like to organize a prom."

Rosalind couldn't help herself and she barked out a laugh. "is this some kind of joke?" She asked but the two boys looked dead serious.

Carl exchanged a knowing look with Yuli and the latter approached the desk and leaned forward. Confused, Rosalind watched his strange behavior with curiosity. He locked his eyes with hers and as he did so the woman gasped, not even knowing why. There was something that made it impossible for her to look away.

"We will organize a prom." He said in a low voice, almost a growl that showed off his perfect white teeth. Rosalind just stared at his beautiful face, feeling her whole body go limp, as if her life had just changed in a way that she didn't understand. But she knew that she would do everything in her power to please him, no matter what he asked for.