35

He was still wearing make-up, but as predicted, he didn't have an easy smile on his face. He didn't look like he was about to forgive Carl for anything but rather like Yuli was about to make him pay for his transgressions, if the blood dripping from his black lips was any indication. Carl felt compelled to just fall to his knees in front of him but he forced himself to look past Yuli, who, as if knowing his intentions, stepped to the side revealing a horrendous scene.

Carl's parents were on the bed, unconscious and drenched in blood. He wanted to scream out but his voice wouldn't cooperate with him. In turn, Candace didn't stop herself from letting out a horrible shriek of pure despair. And yet, somehow, the two dead bodies on the bed weren't the scariest thing.

It was Robin. The girl was standing over the bed wearing a dress identical to the one that Candace had on. The only difference between them was that Robin's was stained with blood. But it quickly turned out that it was not only the dress. The girl had her whole face smeared with the red substance as she looked at her parents with unseeing eyes.

"What have you done?" Carl asked helplessly looking up at Yuli.

He, in turn, wrapped his hand around Carl's throat pushing him against the wall. Candace tried to push Yuli off him but all it took was one shove and the girl was on the floor. Robin ignored them altogether and instead kept looking at the bodies. "What I had to do." Yuli said in a low voice, his fingers tightening around Carl's throat. The knife fell out of his hand and landed on the floor. "You thought you could deceive me like that? You really thought that I wouldn't find out that you were trying to kill me? After....everything we've been through together?" Yuli was saying it, as if all the time they had spent together had been marvelous when in reality it was anything but.

Carl wanted to reach out for him, try to free himself but he was too weak and when Yuli finally let go of him, his body fell limply to the floor. "Is this it? Am I a vampire yet?" Robin asked innocently, as if she was a small girl asking for a lolly pop.

Yuli didn't seem amused by her question. He just seemed generally pissed as his eyes stayed on Carl, piercing him to the ground and making him unable to move from his spot on the floor. All he could do was look at Candace to check if she was alright. She was sitting in the corner with tears in her eyes as she watched Yuli with nothing but fear.

"You've ruined everything." Yuli said. "You've taken the only chance I had away from me."

"What are you talking about?" Robin asked but Yuli still wouldn't look at her.

"I just needed one person to genuinely love me for who I was." Yuli said, his voice getting increasingly louder with each word he said. "One human heart and all of this wouldn't have had to happen."

"I love you." Robin said grabbing Yuli's hand and finally making him look at her. "All this time and you haven't noticed how crazy I've been about you?" A soft smile appeared on her face which looked grotesque contrasting with the blood.

Yuli rolled his eyes. "You don't love me." He said. "None of you love me. I have just compelled you all to be obsessed with me, to treat me as your god, to never disobey me." His voice was now quiet, as if he had given up on everything and was only seeking some kind of catharsis.

"But I do!" Robin assured him, still squeezing Yuli's hand as if her very life depended on it. "You didn't put any kind of spell. I came to you out of my own free will, don't you remember?"

Yuli was quiet for a moment, as if seriously considering it. Carl wanted to call out that she was wrong, that he was the one that loved Yuli but his body was still pinned to the ground and he couldn't move anything, even his tongue. "It wouldn't hurt to try, I guess." Yuli said at last as Robin leaned in for a kiss, clearly believing that it was what was required of her to do.