19

Chapter 19 — For her happiness

Josh was dreading to go to school that day. He just couldn't look at them the same way again. "We need to talk Josh." Anthony said walking up to him.

Josh smiled slightly as he shuffled past him. "What is there to talk about? You should be happy now. Trust me, I'm fine." He said opening his locker taking out his science book.

"Josh you don't seem like you're okay." Anthony said licking his lip. "Please don't be upset. I never knew you liked her as well. You even play wingman."

"I don't know why in the world I texted you that last night. I'm not in denial. I'm happy for you and Lily. You guys are my best friend." He said.

"Anthony! Josh!" A female appeared walking towards them with a big smile on her face. "Someones happy." Josh said chuckling softly. "Aren't you gonna congratulate us?" Lily said clinging into Anthonys hand happily.

"I'm so happy for you two." Josh said smiling.

"Anyways, I have to walk back to class. See you." He nodded before disappearing into the crowd.

Anthony sighed as he grabbed her hips. "Baby, what was that for?"

"What was what for? We're already boyfriend and girlfriends. And can your girlfriend grab ahold of your hand?" She raised her eyebrow. "Of course you can, but don't do it in front of Josh."

"Don't you know that–"

"He likes me. I know that. I'm not dumb. But clearly he will never ever make any move on me. Besides, I like you now." She said caressing his chest.

"So don't think too much about it okay?" Lily said pouting her lips looking up at him. And just then Anthony leaned in and pecked her lips softly. "Gosh scoot over, please stop it with the heavy PDA." Jaden laughed.

"Let them be, they're a new couple anyway." Griffin spoke. "By the way have you guys seen 365 days on Netflix?" Jaden asked. "If you haven't, want to watch together?"

"No thank you. I don't want Anthony here to get new ideas." She chuckled opening her locker. "Thats what a total virgin would say." Jaden mumbled under his breath earning a glare from Lily.

"Is that Josh just now? How is he holding up?" Griffin asked concerned. Anthony looked terribly at the floor which Lily noticed.

She gave him a light squeeze on his hand resulting him to look into her eyes. "Hey. . It's going to be fine. Josh and I were never a thing. I'm with you now Anthony."

"I'm yours."

Anthony blushed at her words as he covered his face with his books. "Don't look at me like that. I still get butterflies in my stomach if you do." He said looking away.

"What? Come onn we're dating now! Look at me! Look at this face." She whined shoving his books away. "No Lily! I said no."

Meanwhile Griffin and Jaden both looked at each other and sighed. "We should both get girlfriends."

Class was over

Class was over. Anthony waited patiently in front of Lilys class glancing at his watch from time to time. And just then his gaze landed on Josh leaving his class.

He knew Josh and Lily were never a thing but why does deep down he knew that their relationship was far more deeper than that. Of course he tried to convince himself that it was nothing.

"Anthony!!" Lily said jumping into his arms as he chuckled. "Oh god you guys just saw each other during lunch break. Move over!" Chase said shoving pass them.

"Geez? Whats wrong with you being all grumpy? Male period?" Lily asked raising her eyebrow. "He's just jealous because he can barely get a text back from Charli." Anthony grinned.

"Dude!" Chase groaned.

"Or was it Nessa? I'm guessing both." Anthony smiled cheekily earning snickers from other students. "Nessa. Charlis petrified of his ass." Dixie said walking lazily pass them.

"Okay I'm being bullied and this is not okay." Chase said walking away.

"Lets go somewhere after school." Anthony suggested. "Cool! Where are we gonna go?" Lily asked excitedly.

"I was hoping you would take the lead. I want to get to know you deeper Lil." Anthony spoke. "Ah is that so. ." She said leaning against him. "Well there is this engagement party that I have to attend this evening." She tapped her chin.

"Do you know Blair Bellerose and Paulo Dybala?"

"Yeah of course. What about them?" Anthony raised his eyebrow. "Well, Jackson told me to bring someone to the party. I was wondering if you wanna come with me?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Sure why not?"

"The thing is," Lily said clasping her hands nervously. "I heard my father is going to be there." She said softly.

"I think though, I don't know if he's actually coming but my father is a close friend of the Belleroses parents. Vincent Bellerose." Lily explained.

"And what about your dad again? Is he scary or something?"

"It's just that I haven't seen my father in a while and I um, if he does show up I may have to introduce him to my first boyfriend. I don't know how he'll react." She said nervously.

"So I'm your first boyfriend?" Anthony asked.

'Of course, I was busy falling in love with Josh Richards all this years, how can I have the time to get myself a boyfriend' Lily said to herself.

Josh Richards stared up at the ceiling digging up some old memory as he sighed

Josh Richards stared up at the ceiling digging up some old memory as he sighed. "Why am I thinking about that stuff again." He mumbled softly.

"We never fought right?" Josh asked Anthony as he chuckled. "I guess not." Anthony replied standing up next to him.

Josh looks down at the basketball again as he shoots it. "If we were to fight in the future what will you think it will be about?" He asked again.

Anthony raised his eyebrow as he frowned. "You know I will never do anything to hurt your feelings right?"

"I know that, I'm just wondering you know?" Josh chuckled. "Don't say that then, I don't like talking about this. You'll jinx it." Anthony spoke.

"I guess I really did jinx it, Huh?" Josh said to himself remembering it now.

To be continued

.

Italic — flashback