Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“I have nothing to wear!” I said to myself on the first day of school.  I’ll just call Jessica, I thought.  I’m sure she’ll know what I should wear.

“Hey Katie, what’s up?”  asked Jessica.

“I can’t find anything to wear Jessica!  I need help!”

“Why don’t you wear your denim mini-skirt and that really cute dark blue t-shirt with the light blue cami underneath?”

“Ok…, but I’m not wearing the mini-skirt.  I’ll wear one that’s a bit longer than a mini but not to my knees ok?”

“Whatever you say, you’ll knock all of the guys’ socks off no matter what!”

“Thanks.” I said giggling. “What are you gonna wear?”

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out!”

“But…”

“Bye!” and with that, she hung up.

******************************

“Wow!” I said talking about Jesse. “He’s already with the popular crowd.” Jessica and I were sitting down to lunch.  Jesse was practically being mauled by the popular girls.  The jocks were already inviting him to sit with them too but he didn’t.  Instead he came over and sat with us.

“You just totally ignored the popular’s!” Jessica exclaimed. 

“Hello, nice to see you too.” He said sarcastically.

“You should be happy.” I said to Jessica. “He chose to eat with us instead of the popular crowd.”

“Why wouldn’t I?” he asked.

“Need I compare?” I said.

“There’s nothing really to compare.  You both are prettier than they are and you guys aren't  fake like them.” He said as if that was the most obvious thing in the world.

“That’s so sweet!” I said, my heart fluttering for some reason. 

“Do you really mean that Jesse?” asked Jessica. 

“Of course I do.  I would never lie to you guys.” 

“Hi Jesse!” said Claire Warner, the most popular girl in school. “Do you mind if we sit with you?”

“No, go ahead.” said Jesse rolling his eyes.

“Thank you.” purred Claire also batting her eyelashes (trying to look cute, I think).

“Wow Jesse!  You’re really muscular, do you work out?” asked Isabella Smith, the sort-of ditz in the clan.  

“Um, yeah, I do.” he said blushing.

“So,” said Allison Porter “where did you move here from?”

“I moved here from Texas.”

“Really?  I’ve been to Texas before!” said Amanda Emerson (another one form the clan.  There are only four in the bunch but those four rule all of the popular's, pretty sickening, huh?)

“Jesse,” I said trying to get the popular’s jealous. “Are you coming over to my house after school today?”

“Sure, that sounds like fun.” Jesse said catching on.

“Am I invited?” asked Jessica.

“Of course!” Jesse and I said at the same time.

“What are we gonna do?” asked Jesse.

“Probably the same stuff that we did last time.” I said playfully winking at him (still playing a prank on the popular’s).  Claire just gave me a very evil look.

“What would that be?” asked Isabella.

“Just……stuff.  You know.” Jesse said giving Jessica and me a playful wink.

“Well, we’ve got to go.” I said about Jessica and me. I then walked over to Jesse, put my hand on his shoulder and whispered in his ear, “I hope that puts them in their place.  Sorry but I really don’t like them.”  I stood back up with Jessica.

“See you guys later!” I said with fake happiness.

“I can not believe you just did that!” said Jessica once we left the cafeteria.

“What?” I said. “He was obviously uncomfortable with them there, so I thought I would just play around a bit.  Is there something wrong with doing that?” 

“No, I thought what you did was funny.  I just never thought that, you of all people would do something like that.”

“Well, I couldn’t just give up that opportunity.”

“I wonder what Jesse is going to say about it.” Jessica pondered.

“I think he’s ok with what I did, he went along with it, didn’t he?”

“Yeah, you’re right.” said Jessica as the bell rang.

“See ya later!” I said.

“Bye!”