Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I logged onto the computer to check my e-mail and I had one from Bookie 17. It’s been awhile since I’ve checked my mail, I thought.

Hey,

Wow, um…this is really surprising…uh…guess where I go to school. Jefferson High and I’m in the 12th grade also. Do you think we’ve met? I can’t believe it. I was really shocked when I found out we go to the same school and are in the same grade. I kind of don’t want to set up a meeting, though. I would like to see where this relationship/friendship goes before we find out who each other is. Please e-mail back!

Bookie

P.S. let me know if you’re ok with it.

 Oh my goodness, I thought while my stomach flopped. I can’t believe this. I-I need to talk to Jessica!

******************************

I called Jessica and asked her to come over, so she came over right away.

“So who do you think it is?” Jessica asked me when I had finished telling her everything (I had showed her all of the e-mails too).

“I don’t know…well, I do know one thing. There aren’t that many decent guys in our grade.”

“Yeah, it’s pretty much just Adam, Jesse and maybe a couple of other guys.”

“Do you think its Adam or Jesse?” I asked, almost freaking out.

“I don’t know. Jesse hasn’t said anything about meeting someone.” as Jessica said this, Jesse came bursting into the room.

“I can’t believe I’ve met this amazing girl!” he exclaimed. Jessica and I liked at each other wide eyed. “Angela is so amazing!” we sighed with relief.

“What are you doing here, Jesse?” Jessica asked when she was able to speak again.

“I wanted to tell you guys something. I saw Jessica’s car so I thought now would be a good time…why?”

“Just wondering.” I answered for Jessica. “So what were you going to tell us?”

“Angela bought all of us tickets, including Adam,” he said this looking at me, “and an extra one for you Jessica, for a date, to a Switchfoot concert!”

“Are you serious!?” Jessica and I exclaimed.

“Yeah, that’s what I said when Angela told me.”

“When is the concert?” I asked.

“Friday!”

“I’m going out with Adam on Friday! I’ll ask him tomorrow if we can go to the concert.”

“As long as he’s with you, I don’t think he cares.” Jessica stated.

****************************

I totally forgot about the e-mail until this morning walking into school. Who could it be? I thought opening my locker.

“Its really weird knowing that Bookie is walking these halls and even possibly in one of my classes.” I told Jessica who was waiting for me by my locker. 

“Well, it’s not like you guys were in a serious romantic relationship.” she told me.

“Yeah, you’re right. I’m just overreacting.”

“Hey, guys!” Jesse said coming up to us with Angela.

“Hey.” Jessica and I said together.