Jolivia - Butt Monkey

Joven's POV: (First time I'm writing in this form so just be warned, it may not be my best work)

I can't remember who exactly came up with the idea of all of us going to a bar and restaurant for dinner, I think it may have been Flitz? Yeah...it was probably Flitz. All I remember is that I really didn't want to go. I just wanted to go home and sleep, but Mari kept bugging me about it until I finally relented. She walked over to me at my desk at the end of the day after I had turned dinner down, and sat on the edge of my chair, smiling at me hopefully.

"Hey Joven?" she asked casually, smiling, and leaning over to slowly massage my shoulders.

"No," I told her curtly, batting away her hands before yawning.

"You don't even know what I'm gonna say!"

"I don't need to. The answer is still no. Especially if it's about dinner tonight,"

"Oh come on Jovie, you'll get to have a few drinks, hang out with friends, and there might even be some hot girls for you to try pick up!" she whinged, tugging my sleeve like Lasercorn's 3-year old son Tyler would when he wanted something from anyone.

"Mari, please, not tonight," I whined tiredly, shaking her off and resting my chin on the desk, closing my eyes.

"Joven, it won't be any fun if you don't come, and everyone is going, everyone," she shot back, also whining.

"I highly doubt everyone is going Mari, and you'll have plenty of fun without me," I said, sitting up and looking at her. She pouted at me and grabbed at my sleeve again.

"But we all want you to come. The squad is coming too, so are Sarah and Matt Raub, we even convinced Anthony to come tonight, cause we thought it would be cool to catch up. Laser and Sohin are coming as well!"

"Mari, that sounds great, it really does, but I'm tired and it sounds like a lot of socialising. My social quota has been fulfilled for the day, and I just wanna go home and rest," I complained, resting my head on my desk again. She was silent for a moment and I opened my left eye to see if she had given up and left yet. She hadn't, instead she was glaring at me intensely. I firmly shook my head, closing my eye again and she sighed melodramatically. Then suddenly, I felt the desk shift violently as she perked up and I could almost see her biting her lip in thought in my mind.

"I'll pay for everything you buy," she finally said coyly, smiling smugly when I opened my eyes.

"God fucking damnit Mari," I sighed, shaking my head, and glancing up at the roof in exasperation. "Fine, I'll come, but don't expect me to be super sociable and energetic, I'm really fucking tired,"

"YES!" she yelled triumphantly, scaring Boze, who sat at her desk rewatching some of our old videos. She dropped her headphones and sent us both a jokingly scathing glare before picking them up and returning to her computer.

"Thank you Jovie!" Mari said happily, giving me an extremely tight hug.

'Yeah yeah, you're welcome, now go away. Go tell Flitz I'm coming and let me get in a little sleep before we go out," I said, pushing her off me and waving her away tiredly. She practically skipped out of the room, and I heard her yelling for Flitz as she walked down the corridor. Groaning, I dropped my head onto my hands which were resting on the desk and closed my eyes, slowly drifting off to the sound of Boze commenting to herself about the videos and the ever-present gentle hum of my computer.

A couple of hours later

I subconsciously felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me awake as a gentle voice called my name. I tried to shrug them off, hoping to go back to sleep but they continued to shake me til I eventually opened my eyes and looked at them sleepily. My eyes were blurry with sleep and I had to blink it away a couple of times for me to clearly see who was standing next to me. It was Olivia, and she was standing at the corner of my desk, staring at me concerned, her hand still on my shoulder.