2: Parents

The castle doors bursted out open and it revealed King Eugene with a fleet of guard trailing behind him.

The Queen quickly ran towards her husband. "Did you find them?" She asked, her voice shaking.

Eugene shook her head. "I'm sorry, sunshine," he whispered.

A tear fell from Rapunzel's eyes. "This is all my fault," she cried.

Eugene hugged his wife. "No, this isn't your fault. None of this is."

A few moments later, the castle gates opened again and Cassandra went in. There were dark circles under her eyes, her hair was messy and her lips were shaking as she walked towards her friends.

"Let me guess," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Still no sign of them."

Eugene nodded as he tried to console his crying wife.

Cassandra nodded before she took a chair and sat down. Her head was pounding. It's been two days since her kids had gone missing. She haven't slept for even an hour. She needs to find her kids.

She bit her lower lip, trying to stop herself from crying. She needs to be strong.

The castle gates opened again and it revealed Varian and their oldest son, Luthor.

Cassandra quickly stood up and ran towards her husband, giving him a hug. The moment Varian wrapped his arms back at her was also the moment she broke down. She let the tears ran down her eyes.

No matter how strong she is, she's still a mother who is worried for her twins.

"Everything's going to be okay, Cassie," Varian whispered, trying to console his wife — but still finding it hard to believe the words he just said.

"I'm sorry, Mom. We found no clue of them," Luthor whispered and clenched his fist. He's blaming himself for letting his little brother and sister go. He's the eldest and he should've taken care of them.

The castle gate opened once again and it revealed Prince Ace, Rapunzel and Eugene's eldest son.

He's holding a necklace with a purple rock in it — a necklace too familiar for the couple, Cassandra and Varian — it was a Cassandrium necklace, Anastasia's necklace.

"That — that's my daughter's," whispered Cassandra.

"This was found in the woods," Ace explained. "And another thing, Mom..." he trailed off.

"What is it, dear?" asked Rapunzel, still in Eugene's embrace.

"The starlight — it's gone."

--

Woah! 3 parts updated in just a day? What's happening to me? XD