6: Travel

"Mom, is it really true?" Cassandra turned her head to her son with a sad smile.

"Yes, Lucian," it was Varian who answered.

"But why did you hid it from us? It's all in the past, isn't it?" He asked.

"But it can still affect the three of you," said Cassandra. "Ace's parents, your father and I would be going somewhere - in order to fix this mess. You go help your friend run the kingdom while we're gone."

Luthor sighed, he know that he have no fight when it comes to his mother. "Yes, mom. Just be careful."

"We will, sweatheart," said Cassandra and stood on her tippy toes to give her son a kiss on the forehead. Why do they have to be tall?

"Your highnesses, the caravan is ready," said a royal guard.

"Let's go," said Eugene.

Varian nodded and walked side by side with his wife to the big Caravan. This time, it was Maximus and Fidella's offspring, Maximus II and Ella who were the horses of the Caravan.

The two couples sat on the bed that is meant for them. Varian wrapped his arm around Cassandra while Eugene on Rapunzel.

"You need to get some sleep, Cassie," Varian whispered.

Cassandra shook her head, making Varian sigh.

"Please, Cassie. Just before we get there," said the man.

"I don't want to, Var. I can't sleep - not until I see my twins safe and sound," said Cassandra, her eyes tired.

"They're my twins too, Cassie and I'm worried about them," said Varian and let Cassandra rest her head on his chest. "But you can't abandon your health like this. What would the twins think when they got back?"

"But-"

"No buts, Cassie. Go on and sleep," said Varian with a soft sigh.

Cassandra frowned and sighed. "Fine," she said. She knew that she have no fight when it comes to her husband.

She slowly closed her eyes and drifted off to a dreamless sleep. Varian gently held her and lay her sleeping figure on the bed. He gently ran his finger on her messy hair before laying next to his wife. He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her, Cassandra unconsciously snuggling closer to his chest.

Varian opened his one eye and gave Cassandra a soft kiss on the forehead.

"I love you, Cassie," he whispered before drifting off to sleep next to his wife.