3: Survival

"It looks the same how Mom painted it!" Lorelei exclaimed.

Anastasia facepalmed. "We're in big trouble."

"Looks like it," said Kingsley.

Jeffrey took a step towards the city when Anastasia grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Don't," she said.

"Why?" He asked as his eyes landed on their connected hands. Anastasia — realizing that she's still holding his hand — turned scarlet and quickly let go.

"Because we don't know what might happened if we do. I'm pretty sure that even a kid can realize that we went back in time," she explained.

"She's right," said Lorelei.

"Fine," he sighed. "But you can't expect us to stay here all day. We have no food and money. Not to mention the fact that even we're in Corona, this is still an unfamiliar place. We need to be realistic about what's happening right now," Jeffrey explained.

"I know. I know." She tried to think of some solution. This whole thing is frustrating her but she doesn't want to blame the kid.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned her head and saw that it was her twin.

"Just relax, sis," he said. "We'll think of something."

"I'll try."

This is one of the trait that she got from her mother. She always tries to be responsible when things like this happened — although, sometimes she's the cause of the trouble itself, like blowing up the lab.

"Don't worry, everything's going to be alright," said Jeremy, trying to cheer them up with a bright smile on his face — something that he inherited from the Queen, Rapunzel.

"Alright. Here's the plan: Jeffrey and I are going to town to get us some food. We'll find a way, somehow. While the three of you will stay here," Anastasia said.

"Are you sure about this, Tasia?" asked the Princess.

She nodded. "Yes. You know that my brother is skilled when it comes to combat — he'll be here to protect the both of you. While I got my father's brains — I'll think of a way to get us something, like repair stuff or something in exchange for food."

"But what if trouble comes in your—" Jeffrey cuts Kingsley's sentence.

"I'll protect her, don't worry," he said.

Kingsley sighed. "Fine. I trust you."

"Alright. We'll be back in a few hours," said Anastasia.

The duo turned their backs and headed to the kingdom.

--

This is the 6th update that I made today — what's happening to me?