Training Session #3: Protection Course

It was a new day of training. Tsuyu and Bakugo needed to go through a 'special' type of training course designed for the both of them. And it was a Protection Course.

"Since it's only for the two of you, I'll be leaving after giving out instructions."

They were both given a bunch of medical supplies without any instructions.

"What is this?!" Bakugo asked quite rudely.

"It's for training."

"WITH SOME MEDICAL SUPPLIES?!"

Tsuyu glanced at Bakugo before looking back at the leader.

"Yeah! Only medical supplies."

"This was improvised..." Tsuyu muttered about.

In a single second, the leader cocked his gun out and pulled his trigger at Tsuyu, causing a bullet to shoot out and plummet the lateral lower quadrant of the abdomen. The shot pushed her back even when she had expected it coming.

"WHAT THE HELL? WHY'D YOU-"

"Treat her now."

"What!?"

He pointed at Tsuyu with his gun.

"She's losing blood. Do it."

Tsuyu was laying down with her eyes blinking rapidly. She could see Bakugo panicking like crazy. She wasn't really losing too much blood. Not a lot in her case.

"What the hell am I supposed to do?!"

He looked at the medical kit and opened it frantically, looking at all of the things inside. He grabbed the thick cloths and started to apply pressure on her bleeding wound.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GET SHOT DAMN IT!!!!"

"Shut up. It's too loud," Tsuyu said as her body became a little stronger.

"It's your second day until our mission begins. Something like this will happen."

Something hit Bakugo's mind instantly.

"WHERE THE HELL IS THAT BULLET?"

He flipped over Tsuyu on her back, causing her wound to hurt again.

"You idiot! Why would you do that?! Kero?!"

"I NEED TO FIND THE FREAKING BULLET!!!!"

The leader seemed quite satisfied by the both of them that he decided to secretly leave. But Bakugo noticed by the sound of his footsteps.

"Where are you going?!"

He checked his 'watch.'

"Tea time."

"WHAT?!! It's only-"

"Calm down~"

Bakugo clearly couldn't calm down.

"I'll be back soon."

"Can't you get a healer in here?!"

In that instant, Bakugo noticed a slight change in the atmosphere.

"No. I can't. I don't want to."

He ruffled his hair.

"Sometimes you have to work with what you have. You cannot expect someone to always save you."

Bakugo was surprised by the leader's comment as he walked away for his 'tea time.' Tsuyu lifted her hands and pushed herself to sit up since Bakugo didn't really do much. Or did he?

"Well. At least you reacted well enough. Kero," Tsuyu said as she grabbed the cloth and pressed it against her wound.

"All you cared about was the reaction?!"

"Yeah. It was better than the last time you did."

Tsuyu was still annoyed by that 'last time' predicament which happened a year ago. She didn't want to remember until Bakugo came. So she started to 'bring it up' when she wanted to.

"Anyway. You need to learn how to treat people."

Tsuyu explained the process that she had been learning for 3 months to Bakugo in a slower manner so he could pick it up in time. She also explained some things that were really important even though they don't seem important.

"You also need to know that even if you've been grazed by a bullet. You still need to treat it," Tsuyu said as she attempted to stand up.

"Doesn't everyone know that?!"

"It goes unnoticed sometimes. And because of that, people die."

Tsuyu had a shallow look on her face which Bakugo picked up instantly. He was about to ask her what he meant by it until the leader came back.

"It seems that you have taught him well?"

"I did sir."

His eyes traced down to Tsuyu's wound.

"And it doesn't hurt anymore?"

"It doesn't sir."

He looked into the sky before stating his next session.

"Well, since you are both done, you can take a break! See you at lunch!"

He then left again.

"Aren't leaders supposed to be loud or something?!"

"They are. But not around me for some reason. Kero."

Bakugo then looked to the side.

"Well, I'm going to leave first!"

He left as well. Tsuyu looked back at the medical kits that were placed on the ground and picked them up. She placed them on the table and sorted it away.

"I got shot again..."

It has probably been her daily routine as a mercenary when she has started. She didn't know why but she usually acted like a pawn most of the time. Getting shot and treating the wound over and over again. She knew something was up, but didn't know what.

"Hey Tsuyu! Lunch time is starting! Let's get some scoff!"

Scoff: Army Slang for food. There are days when Tsuyu hears it a lot. And there are days when Tsuyu doesn't hear it at all.

"I will!"

Tsuyu locked her medical kits and rushed over to lunch.

-------------------------

As she got to the lunch area, she noticed a bunch of people huddling around Bakugo. He seemed quite annoyed, so she decided to sit across from him when she got his lunch.

"HEY!!! Do you know what these idiots are talking about?!" he asked her as she sat down with her lunch.

"Talking about what? Kero?"

"They keep saying weird words like 'Gen' and 'Nit' all the time! It's annoying!"

'He needs an attitude break...'

Gen: Slang of genuine- What's the gossip? She doesn't use the word since she doesn't gossip.

Nit: An exaggerated story. Tsuyu is quite fond of the word. She is also curious about the reason.

"Is that it?" Tsuyu asked after she explained everything to him.

"Why would they use that vocabulary here?!"

"Why did you raise your voice to the leader?"

"Because-JUST BECAUSE!!!"

Admitting defeat, he slammed his fist on the table which made everyone laugh. Tsuyu sighed.

'Protection course huh.'