Prologue: I Failed You

Sonic was chained on a wall, he was all scared and beat up and had dried blood on his most recent wounds. His fur was all dirty and shoes were messed up. His eyes were red and streaks of tears were on his peach colored muzzle.

Eggman walked into the room with a grin on his face.

"Finally! I had beat you Sonic the Hedgehog!" said Eggman still smiling.

"I have tooken over the world! And found a way to make myself immortal with the DNA of Shadow! Your the last one, what shame isn't it?" Sonic was still staring at the ground, he failed to save his friends, he has failed to save the world.

"Eggface, have I ever told you the legend that almost no one knows?" Sonic asked looking up at Eggman with a glare.

"You can resurrect the dead. If you wish hard enough on the brightest star, if you really mean your wish, you can reincarnate the dead. No life for life at all, but after that, you can not use you wish anymore, I learned this legend because I can controle the chaos emeralds, and they tell you everything." Eggman was still smiling, he then started laughing.

"Hohoho!!! Do you think I would honestly believe that fairytale? Hah! I know that you will be gone, and I know that when the next generation comes, I will make them believe that your the villain and I'm the hero! Everyone will love me!" Sonic then made a throw up noice that angered Eggman.

"You will never come back rodent!" A sharp object came from the celling and in front of Sonic

Eggman presses a button that made the machine stop in its place, he walked up to the already half dead hedgehog holding his chin to force him to look at him in the eyes.

"Be my obedient pet, and I will let you live, be a real animal and never leave my side, and together we will rule the world! Or be a fallen hero, and loose to me! Hah! Ether way, you loose to me!"

Sonic glared at him angrily and disgustingly, he wanting to get out of the chains, but he was too weak to even stand up.

"I'd rather die than be a your pet cat!" Eggman then let's go of Sonic and walks to the controle panel and turns on the machine again.

"Any last words, Rodent?" Sonic gave him his signature smirk before speaking.

"I'll be back." he said weakly

-500 years later-

"Ah!" yelled a blue hedgehog, she was royal blue hedgehog with her quills matching the force of the wind, she had emerald green eyes and was wearing a night gown.

The hedgehog was sweating and heavily breathing.

"Why do I keep dreaming of being in Sonic's body? Why is he always attacking Lord Eggman? Why am I dreaming of being in a villain's body? WHY DOSE HE ACT LIKE A HERO?!" Shift thought

She shook it off and her mother came in to wake her up.

"Shift? Morning sweetie!" said a blue hedgehog with a blond bang on her forehead.

Shift sat up and she was still sweating and had tears running down her face again.

"Mom, I had another nightmare." she said as she wiped the tears from her face.

"Another one honey? You sure you don't need therapy? I can call them if you-" she was cut off the Shift who shook her head.

"No, I don't think, it's just the nightmares felt so, real, like a memory!" her mother then kissed Shift on the forehead.

Shift got her clothes on, she wore a black crop top and a blue crop top vest with a white collar and white strips in it and under was a black sleeveless crop top, she wore blue joggers with a white strip on both sides along with a white ribbon that held a gold ring, she had white gloves and red speed shoes with a gold buckles that held a white strap in the middle (she found the shoes in a dumpster and cleaned it up, the witch stop is to hold the shoe together), she also had white cuffs on both her hands and legs.

Shift went down stairs for breakfast, her mom was making Menudo, while Shift was eating her food, her mom sat down to eat with her. It was silent until Shift spoke up.

"Mom, why do we have to live like this?" she asked her mother.

"I don't know my little miracle child, but it's just how it is." she answered.

Shift didn't understand why her mother kept calling her "miracle child" if she wasn't born weak or anything.

"Mom, I'm not a miracle child, why do you keep calling he that?" she asked.

"When the time comes, I will tell you." she smiling.

Shift got up to wash her bowl and head to school.

"Bye mom! I'm heading to school now! Thalia is waiting for me at her house. See you after school ok?"

"Alright Shift, remember, no running, we don't was Eggman to use it for his army." her mother reminded her, Shift nodded her head and walked out the front door.

But, little did they know, that this would be the last day that they would live as normal Robians in Robotropolis.