The Comeback

Hwasa's comeback single, "Maria" hit the charts after a few hours of release. Seeing her fans' reaction to her single and mini-album makes her feel that all her hard work, sleepless nights and back pain are all worth it. They don't know the pressure she had, to come out with songs which are not only true to herself but also acceptable to the mass audience. She put her heart and soul on the single, writing about her experiences with the haters during her idol journey. To receive such criticism and negative feedback about herself at such a young age, has almost made her give up her career. But fortunately she didn't, and look at her now finally releasing her first min-album after 6 years of debut.

Due to her back injury, she couldn't promote her single as much as she wanted to. Her agency plans for her to promote the single at music shows for only 1 week to avoid aggravating her injury. Much to the disappointment of her fans, they understand and are happy to see her even for a short while. 

After her 1 week promotion, Hwasa continues to monitor her single and mini-album on the charts. She is happy to see it doing well even though there are a lot of competitions from other idols, who have comebacks around the same time as hers. With the help of social media, she can continue to promote it online while recuperating at home. "Well done, Hyejin ah....You should be proud of yourself...Have a good rest now," messaged her Mamamoo members. Promoting solo without her members, made her miss them even more. So she asks her members to drop by her apartment if they are free to hang out. 

'Ting' she thought she received a message from her members but it was Sunghoon. He asked her if he could visit her with Kian and Narae. She felt uncomfortable at first, since this is the first time her ILA family is coming over. But she said okay and quickly tidy up her place before they come. At around 8pm, her doorbell rang. She opens her door and sees Sunghoon and Kian standing in front of her. "Where is Narae unnie?" she asks. "She just finished her schedule, she will join us a bit later," Sunghoon replies. "Are you okay with us (guys) entering your apartment? If not, we will wait for her downstairs," he adds. "Aniya, I'm okay. Come on in," she replies. So the two of them awkwardly enter her apartment while looking at her apartment in awe. She invited to sit while she prepares something for them. "No need, we brought everything," Kian showing the bags of food they are carrying. "Your favourite food," Sunghoon smiles since he knows she has been craving for them. Hwasa shouts happily and starts to open up the bags. Knowing Hwasa, Narae told them to eat first while waiting for her. 

Like their usual hang outs, they continue to drink soju until late. But as they are considerate of Hwasa's condition, they left earlier around 12. Hwasa thanked them for coming and felt so happy to see them again. For Sunghoon, he felt happy and relieved to see her back to her usual happy self and hopes to see her again soon.