167

Time hop : two months

"Anne, Love, I'm home!" It was five o' clock in the afternoon when Gilbert got home that day, he would usually stay at the hospital for the night shift, but seeing as he had put in so many hours and late shifts that week, his boss had sent him home early to get some much needed rest.

He set down his bag by the door and went into the kitchen, surprised to find Anne leaning her elbows on the counter with her face in her hands, crying softly.

"Anne?" He stepped over to her and touched her softly, alerting her to his presence.

She jumped up and quickly wiped her teary eyes with her palms, "Hey! You're home early" she smiled with red eyes.

Gil furrowed his brows in concern "Doc sent me home early to get some rest, are you okay?" He rubbed her arms lovingly, she didn't cry easily and Gil was worried about her.

She gave him a small smile "Yeah, Im sorry, its- its nothing, sorry " She wiped her watery eyes again on her sleeve.

"Hey, don't apologize, whats up?" His eyes gazed into hers and she knew he wouldn't give up until she told him, so she decided to tell the truth.

"I'm just really overwhelmed and stressed I guess. With everything going on I feel like I'm being swept away with the wind, everyone seems to need something from me, and working on my book is getting stressful with Winnie breathing down my neck. And you're gone every night and I have to be out all day, I just feel like we are being pulled apart and I hate it. Also being in the public eye isn't really helping, I can't go anywhere without someone bombarding me anymore, and I do truly love that we have impacted so many lives and I love all of them. It's just overwhelming when I can't say or do anything private." She let out a shaky breath, she felt a little better just airing out all the thoughts that had lived solely in her mind for so long. "But it's fine, i just need to get through it" She gave him a wry smile.

Gilbert had no idea how much stress she was carrying and it made him feel guilty for not being able to tell how much she had been struggling lately.

"I'm so sorry, I had no idea." He pulled her into a warm embrace and she snuggled into him, they had both missed being with each other every second of the day like they used to, now with full time jobs it made it harder and harder to simply have some alone time together.

"It seems like you need time to just chill out and relax without having to worry about anything, what if you and the girls went away? Jerry was telling me di is pretty stressed too, I bet you could all use the time to just chill?" he suggested, he couldn't leave because of his job, but she could go and have a second to breathe.

she hummed thoughtfully into his shoulder, the idea sounded amazing, but she was worried about leaving him alone.  "I'll miss you though, and i'd hate to leave you alone." she looked up to find him smiling softly down at her,

"don't worry about me, you deserve a trip. Of course i'll miss you too but I'll survive," he winked and kissed her head. "But as for you and I, I'll ask Doc if I can have less hours, we don't need the money and I know i'm overworking myself when I don't need to. Plus i'm not going to miss out on spending time with you and our friends just because I feel I need to impress my boss, it's not fair to either of us."

she smiled softly at him "That sounds... amazing, and I agree, I don't want you missing out on so much if it can be prevented" she laid her head back on his shoulder and simply stood there in his embrace for a while, both perfectly content to just be held by the other.

private message

avonlea babes🤪😤💞

Anne Okay, what do you guys think about a trip? just three weeks of no stressful lives, and straight chilling.

Diana sounds amazing 😩

Jane i'm so in

Ruby YESSSSS!!!!!!

Josie that would be incredibleee

Tillie 100% yes

Anne oh! and no husbands/boyfriends etc, just us

Josie sure! wait, are you and Gilbert okay?

Jane yeah, you've seemed...... distant

Diana did gilbert do something?

Anne no no no no no, you've got it all wrong! We are totally fine, he's just been working a TON lately and we haven't had a lot of 'us' time, but we talked about it and we are going to change that.

Anne he is the one that suggested this trip!

Diana oh thank God

Jane I'm so glad you guys are good

Ruby good, i was worried you were fighting 🥺

Tillie ^^ me too 😭

Josie what a relief HAHA

Anne you guys are so dramaticccc

Anne ANYWAYS, I'm paying and we are all going to go to Maui 😌

Diana no way you are paying for us all

Jane ^^^^

Josie not a chance!

Anne yes I am. now, we are going to leave this weekend and I will not hear a single comment about it other then "perfect" okay? Okay. 🥰

Diana perfect

Jane perfect

Josie perfect

Ruby perfect 🥺

Tillie perfect

Anne thank you ☺️ now get packing ladiessss

A/N the girls needed a girls trip okay? 😤