Chapter Seven

~Jenna~

I tilted my head back and adjusted my headphones. Ed Sheeran's amazing voice was currently serenading me on my way to London.

I looked out the window and saw all the city lights beneath us. It was 8:30 am in Melbourne, which meant it was 9:30 pm in London. 

The plane was supposed to arrive by 10:30, so I figured we were over England by now.

I took out my headphones and turned off my iPod, getting up to grab some food.

I walked to the back of the plane and started looking through the buffet of food, finally deciding on a slice of watermelon and a few chocolate chip cookies.

I carried my small feast back to my seat and placed it on the fold out tray.

I picked up one of the cookies and pulled my legs up onto the seat.

I started humming the tune of State of Grace by Taylor Swift. 

-

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. "Honey, we're about to land." It was my dad.

"Okay." I smiled and removed my headphones. I looked out the window and saw the runway coming into view. It was 10:15pm.

The city lights were beautiful, and I could see the London Eye from here. It was even more amazing in person. 

To think, I would be living here. Way better than Melbourne, especially because I can't swim.

The attendant gave us the signal to get off and I stood up, collecting my luggage.

I followed my Dad off the plane and took a deep breath, my first breath of London air.

I spun around in circles, spreading out my arms and looking up to the cloudless night sky. 

It was like ecstasy.

"Jen?" My Dad called, bringing my back to reality.

"Oh! Uh, I mean.. sorry." I mutter, embarrassed that I just did that in front of a bunch of people.

We hailed a cab and headed to our new house.

-

I lay in my new bed, staring at my new ceiling, just thinking.

My life was going to be perfect now, I'll make sure of it. 

I would make friends with the populars, I would be funny, I would have a boyfriend.

My last year of high school would be perfect.

I started making up perfect scenarios of my new life, until I drifted off to sleep.

-

"You just abandoned us. Now, you're the one who's gonna get hurt."  Syd stalked away with the rest of her 'friends'.

I wiped a tear from my cheek. Where did I go wrong?

What if I had stayed back in Melbourne?

Stayed with Syd and Kay?

Would I have been popular with them?

I had to leave them, and now I was the one everybody hated.

I stood up, only to get pushed down again from behind. I turned around and saw Jordan.

"J- Jordan?" I choked out.

"Bitch. What the hell where you thinking, coming back? You should've stayed back in London. We all hate you, just get out you pathetic waste of space." He spat.

Tears poured down my cheeks, blurring my vision. "I thought you loved me."

"Love you? Stop lying to yourself, I would never love you. Just go kill yourself."  He sneered. 

I heard laughing from the huge crowd that was forming.

"Go kill yourself." Someone cried.

"Waste of space." I heard another scoff.

I could hear the insults from every corner of the room. 

I stood up clumsily and ran away. I didn't know where I was going, and soon enough I came to a bridge.

Without even thinking, I jumped.

-

I jolted awake. My hands flew to my cheeks. They were hot and wet from my tears.

It was all a dream...

I groaned and laid down. What if that was a sign? What if it would actually happen? I picked up my phone. 10 am.

I dialed Jordan's number and my thumb hovered over the 'Send' button.

I hit end and put my phone back down like a gutless fool.

Every possible worry raced through my mind, but I decided to get rid of them all. I left them all behind, now I can be who I always wanted to be.

Starting now.