Chapter Three

~Jenna~

I hit the lock button on my phone. Right before the screen went black, I saw today's date. October 10th. 

Two days until the concert. Two days until we meet the boys. Two days until I have to face what I've been avoiding. 

Syd reacted surprisingly well to my secret. She's still trying to figure out how it could have happened though. She's the type of person who needs answers. Unlike me, who prefers to leave most things unknown.

I walked into my ugly green tile-and-wallpaper kitchen and grab a slightly brown banana. Yum.

I feel a little tickle on my ankle and look down to see Arrow sitting at my feet.  He looked up at me with longing eyes, just begging to be pet. "I'm sorry, I have to do something."  I murmured. I ran my hand along his back and then walked quickly up to my room.

I sat down at my desk and logged on to Skype.

'Connecting to sydlove221'

A second later, Syd's face appeared on the screen. Her wavy brown hair was tied back in a messy bun, and she was wearing her favorite pink hoodie.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hey." I pressed my lips together and glanced at the tiny image at the bottom of the screen that was me. I couldn't look at her.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked, her tone full of worry.

"Well, there's something I need to tell you." I bit my lip.

"Go on."

"I'm not exactly looking forward to Friday night." I blurted out.

"But why? It's One Direction! You get to see Louis!" She waggled her eyebrows.

"That's the problem."

"What do you mean?!" She cried.

"I- I don't want to see him. I can't." I admitted. I tipped my head back and stared at the ceiling to hold back the tears that threatened to spill.

"Oh..."

"Listen, Syd, thanks for listening. I gotta go. Talk to you later."

I closed our chat, and stood up.  I barely made it to the bed, and when I did, I cried like there was no tomorrow.

To be honest, I was hoping there wasn't.

~Louis~

'Lou- 

I'm so sorry if I ever hurt you. To be honest, I didn't.

I still love you though. Please answer me.

We haven't talked since we broke up, and I miss you.

-El'

I crumpled up the tear-stained letter and tossed it into the trash.

It was the fifth one she sent me. It hurt me to see that she missed me this much, but every time I considered going back to her, something stopped me. 

I was sitting on my bed in our hotel room. This week we were in Melbourne.  It was a nice hotel, except for the fact that our fans had somehow found out the number of the room we were in. Luckily, we had security.

I stood up and walked to the door. I was about to turn the handle, when I glanced back at the waste bin one last time.

To be honest, I always regretted letting her go. I was so lonely without her.