Part VI: The proposal

Tasha was getting ready to go see Reade's mother. She sighed and rubbed her belly as she finished straightening her hair. She was wearing black faded blue jeans, a white shirt and a blue cardigan. She had a very nice and simple makeup on. She was nervous. It wasn't the first time meeting his mom and sister but this time was so different.-"Are you ready, babe?"- He walked into the bathroom and stood right behind her while Tasha was putting her earrings on.-"You look beautiful, Tasha". He said and hugged her from behind kissing her cheek. His hands rested on her baby bump. She leaned against him and smiled at him in the mirror.-"Let's get going". He said and she turned around and nodded before pecking his lips.-"Hey... relax"- He said softly and stroked her cheek tenderly, he could see the concern in her eyes.-"It's just my mom and sister, they both love you... and they will be so excited to be a grandma and an aunt... believe me"- He smiled and Tasha smiled back. She wanted to believe him. She was so afraid of what Reade's mom would think about all of this.

"Ok...Let's go to Brooklyn, then"- She said and smiled.

They walked outside and Tasha was trying to get a taxi. - "We don't need one, babe..."- He said and took her hand. - "I just rented a car"- He said walking over the vehicle and opened the door for her.

"Why? I mean... its New York... we don't even need a car"- She said and sat on the car and shook her head watching Reade run around the vehicle and sit on the driver's seat.

"I know... but... I need to do a quick stop before we go... so..."- He started the car and winked at her as she buckled her seat belt. Tasha smirked.

"Edgar George Reade... what are you up to?"- She knew there was something.

"I'm not gonna tell you... it's a surprise"- He said visibly excited.

Tasha looked around the streets as he drove and frowned.-"Uhm, Reade... I know you are the one who is driving... but... I'm pretty sure this isn't the way... Brooklyn is on the opposite direction". She said looking at him. Reade was smiling widely.

"I told you I needed to do something before we can go"- He said still smiling. Tasha sighed and chuckled. What was he trying to do?

The area seemed familiar and suddenly, the car stopped. Tasha looked around and then looked at Reade confused.-"Where are we? I mean... what are we doing here?"- It was the location where they had their first mission for the FBI together. From that day on, they became inseparable.

"This is where our story began... come on... have a little walk with me"- Edgar said and got out of the car. It was a beautiful sunny day. Tasha rolled her eyes and did what she was told.-"come here"- Reade took her hand and they walked over to that door.-"Do you remember our first mission?" He asked and Natasha nodded.

"Of course I do... it was right there... where I saved your ass"- She said and he laughed.

"You did... you sure did"- He said and they stopped walking. - "That's why this place it's special to me... that day... I knew you were special"- He said taking her hands. Tasha smiled at him.

"Baby... it was so long ago... and to be fair... you saved me from the drone attack"- She said and swallowed hard. She could still see him lying there, struggling to breath.-"You saved both of us"- She said and placed a hand on her belly. Reade smiled and placed his hand over hers.

"I know... but... we've been through so much and we both know our lives could have ended and it still can... in any second... that's  why  I'm not taking anything for granted... not anymore... and I don't want to waste not even a single minute of my life without you and our baby."- Tasha smiled at him. She was about to kiss him when he got in one knee.

"What are you doing?"- The Latina asked and gasped when he pulled a tiny black box from his pocket. She felt her heart raising. And when opened the box and she saw the ring, her eyes welled up with tears.