Part IV: My safe place

Patterson opened her eyes slowly. She blinked a few time, the lights were so shiny. - "Patty cakes?"- Rich said and stood up from the chair next to her hospital bed and took her hand.-"Hey... hi... hi girl"- He smiled and tried not to cry. "You ok?"

Patterson smiled at him and held his hand giving it a little squeeze.-"Hey Rich... I guess I didn't die"- She joked and Rich laughed. - "Did we... make it?"- She was afraid to ask.

Rich kissed her forehead and stroked her cheek softly.-"That bitch is down... we did it... you saved all of us... we did it"- He said softly. Patterson closed her eyes and sighed in relief. Rich sat next to her.

 Rich sat next to her

"Rich... about what I said in the bunker"-She started but Rich interrupted her.

"Patty... we are good... you were wounded and bleeding... I understand..."

"Let me finish"- She said placing a finger on his lips. She smiled and moved her finger away.-"It was true, Rich... I'm in love with you... I've been hiding all this feelings for a long time now and... I was so afraid to die that I wanted you to know."- Rich couldn't believe what he was hearing.-"You are the best hacker in the world, you are smart, funny, a pain in the ass most of the time but... you are always there to support a friend and give an advice and listen and... you are an amazing human being"- Rich blushed and smiled shyly.

"Why... Why are you telling me this right now? I mean... why did you keep it from me for so long?"- He asked calmly still holding her hand.

Patterson shook her head.-"I was... afraid that you could reject me... I... I thought you deserved someone better"- She said looking down. Rich frowned and lift her chin softly.

"Someone better than you?"-He chuckled

"Someone better than you?"-He chuckled.-"Patterson... there's nobody... and I mean it... nobody better than you". - He reassure his friend cupping her face with his hands. She smiled at him.

"Boston?"- She asked afraid. Rich shook his head.

"He is part of my past"- He said and kissed her cheek. She frowned.

"What was that?"- She teased.

"A kiss?"- Rich said confused. Patterson shook her head.

"Nah... this is a kiss"- She said pulling Rich to her lips and kissed him deeply.