A walk to deliver plumpuffs

Anne was having the most splendid day. She didn't even seem reluctant to bring Gilbert and Bash some plum puffs that merila had made in extra for the blithe lacroix house. But Anne was internally freaking out!

In the last few month Gilbert had come back from his adventure and she didn't know how to feel, happy, mad, sad, relieved?

Then when he came for Christmas dinner he had given her a pocket dictionary and she had nothing to give to him which made her feel most embarrass.

Bash was an amazing person to talk to he had so many stories to tell and a couple weeks later he married Mari an other wonderful human, she was going to teach her how to bake and cook more properly, at the wedding Gilbert and her had shared some kind of moment, what did he mean by tragical romance and all?! what did that have to do with becoming a teacher?!

Then Cole had told her that Gilbert hade a crush on her which was completely rubbish and her stomach felt like birds we're trying to crawl out her every time she was around him, even when he was being ridiculously impossible!

Then, now and then Diana would chime in saying that "that they were meant for each other" and that is was "true love"?! Did she have any respect for ruby at all?

They were somewhat awkward when around each other, not knowing what to say but enjoying the silence, Lost in each other's eyes... what was she thinking?! Those thoughts are not allowed remember!

Anyhow they alway kept each other on their toes academically. And ever since their truce he was lovely to have as a friend and not a rival. Although sometimes he could be so annoying.

By that time she had stepped foot into Blithe's orchard. They held the most scrumptious apples, beautifully red and shined underneath the sun. All the trees row on row forming paths, but that was in the autumn. During the winter they looked sleepy and almost dull.

Even tho it was spring snow started to fall all around her. What a lovely thing snow was! She put her her hand out and watched as the snowflakes slowly melted at her warm touch. How walks are quick when one is in one's mind she thought knocking on the door. Still admiring the snow she didn't notice the boy open the door.
"Anne! How nice to see you. Is everything ok?" Gilbert said while longing to know how her red locks felt under his touch. She was quickly pulled out of her imagination and answered most politely "Hi Gilbert! oh yes everything is perfect at green gables. May I come in Gil.......Bert" that was a close call she almost called him, Gil?!

Gil? Is that what he just heard the love of his life call him? Well he liked it even tho she did a poorly covering up the fact that she had found a nickname for him. He should find a nickname for her. Carrots was off the table! Anne-girl? There wasn't many that came to mind.
" of course you can come in!" He said closing the door behind her.
"Is there anything we need to talk about?" "Oh no Gil..BErT! Merila made to many plum puffs I am here to bring you, Bash and Mari the excess, speaking of them where are they?" "Bash and Mari? There at the bog finishing up Mari's move they should be back in a day or so".

Then a comfortable silence laid over with two, just contemplating eachothers faces. Anne wouldn't admit it but she was falling for the curly haired boy. And Gilbert he was willing to scream it off the rooftop but for the sake of Romantix and Anne of course, he did not. They felt so comfortable just staring, intel Anne remembered that she should be off at green gables teaching Jerry his fifth reading lesson.

Breaking the stair anne excuses herself and left to open the door, leaving confused Gilbert in the dust. When she opens the door though all she sees is white, white far as the eye can see. "why a blizzard?!!!" She said grumpily, Gilbert had seen through the window " anne it's too dangerous to go out in this weather you should stay here." "but Murila Matthew? And I would be intruding" " they know you were coming here right?" "yes?" "so they know where you are. They wouldn't want you out in that storm! plus you aren't intruding we have a spare bedroom you can use" "I guess you're right Gil but I'll leave first thing in the morning" "I wouldn't think otherwise"

Oh no! she was staying with The boy she secretly knew she liked, they would be alone since Bash and Marie wouldn't be here and she actually called him Gil without noticing what on earth was she going to do you!!

••
HOPE YOU ENJOYED!
🌊LOVE OCEAN SOLDIER🌊
••