Tea, paper and pie

The storm had only persisted over the evening. Gilbert decided if they were to spend a couple days together, they should probably get to know each other better. All he knew was that she was beautiful, fiery tempered and was an enthusiastic reader. The day prior Anne had been in a hurry to get home from school and she had dropped a few books and such. Actually he was planning on giving them to her today. Then it hit him, quite hard may i add, School! the one thing they actually had in common, a love for learning. So he decided that they were going to do the project due next week together.

It was a writing project so he knew Anne would excel at it and he would be not as great as her. So he could ask tips and maybe he could have a higher grade than usual.

So awkwardly breaking the silence "Anne would you like to work on the project due on Monday?" Anne looked up at him "I don't have my materials with me"
"That is Where you're wrong. on your rush to get home yesterday your lost a couple books. I pick them up I was planning on giving them to you but I guess... since we're both here we could work on the project?" She looked at him then looked at the table only noticing for the first time half her material was sitting there. did he think she needed help! for certain she did not!
"Gilbert if you think I need help with this project! I'll have you wrong!" " no. no. no. no. Anne I know you excel at writing! on the other hand I do not and was hoping to get some pointers...from you?" "Is Gilbert Blithe asking me for help?" She said in fake astonishment, one hand on her chest. "I suppose so" "well then I'll be happy to work on the project with you blithe"

As she was getting the necessary materials for the project, which consisted of pens, papers and each a book. Gilbert was putting on tea and bringing out a
scrumptious apple pie.

"Gilbert did you make that pie?"
"No Marie made it before she left that's why there's pieces cut out of it" "well it looks most delicious!" She said with a smile.

Walking over to his bookshelf she asked "what book do you want to do the project on?" Her's had fallen out with the rest of her materials, Pride and prejudice. "Jane Eyre will be just fine thank you" "oh I love that book! I haven't made it past chapter four though"
"Then you should borrow it sometime, I don't mind anyways I haven't made it past chapter six. so I promise not to spoil" " I guess I'm very much obliged Mr Blithe"
" mr. blithe ey? How do you like in your tea Mrs. Shirley-Cuthbert?" "no milk no sugar thank you"

Once the tea was set and the books were on the table they began to write their essays. They had to pick a book and write about it, was the instructions.

After an hour of silence with some chatter about the project. Both had working hard on there essays. Anne had finished her assignment and looked across the table at Gilbert. She only now noticed the twinkle in his eye when he was concentrated, the way his dark curls fell in a way so messy yet looks as if it was purposely like that or that he had small freckles on his nose. He really was handsome as ruby said. You can't be thinking like that! ruby would be devastated Anne Shirley-Cuthbert. She thought scolding herself. And she slowly removed he gaze back down to her project to make sure there were no mistakes even tho she knew there wouldn't be.

On the other hand during almost the whole hour he had been looking at her. Tho he knew she wouldn't appreciate the thought, her hair seem to be a more fiery red every day.

Once he had finished, he asked Anne if they could read each other's work and she kindly agreed eager to know his thoughts on her essay.

" this is exquisite! some of the best work I've ever read!" And it was true it really was something extraordinary. He felt honoured being allowed to read it.

"and your work is amazing as well, I see you took my suggestions to heart" she said knowing he will never exceeded her high standards but knowing that this was truly something great.

They talked a while longer about each other's work, well Gilbert put away their cups. He could listen to her voice all day Whilst she talked about something she was passionate about. He knew he had fallen hard but he didn't want to admit it. he wouldn't let bash have the satisfaction of being right, not about Anne. She was his Anne with an e always having something to say about every subject, Beautiful and stubborn. She really was the fond object of his desire, though he did not know that yet.

He was ripped out of his thoughts when he heard a loud thud on the floor in the living room.....

•••
Little suspense for ya
Hope you liked it
Love
🌊ocean soldier🌊
•••