chapter 4

Freshman year of high school. People say that high school is the start of you life and everything before that point was just preparing you for the next four years of your life.

Séan P.O.V

"Mom, I'm leaving for school. Not that you care anyway" I yell as I walk out the door and to my bike.

I'm on way to get andy because shes proby still asleep knowing her. My mom has been on her on for about 3 years now, my dad had the good sense to get out but left me here....her. She brings home new men every night and drinks and until she passes out.

I don't even think she realizes I still somewhat live there. She blames me for my dad leaving, even though it was all her doing.

( real quick, I'm sorry if this offends anyone and/or how this relates to Séan actually. I'm not really sure what his childhood was like, so I'm just writing this one to help with the plot line)

Finally arriving at Andy's I walk in their front door. I'm here so often that her parents gave me a key. I heard muffled voices from the kitchen, so I walked in there.

"Look Rhett, i serious! Okay!?" Anne told her husband Rhett.

"Honey, this is amazing news! I promise!" Rhett replied and hugged her tightly and then noticed me walking in.

"What's the big news?" I asked

"Well Séan, I was just talking to the dean of administration for the U.C.L.A and they are wanting to talk to me about a teaching position!" Anne explained with excitement in her face.

"That's amazing Ms. Lynn, is Andy still asleep?" I asked her

"Yes she is and your welcome to pour some water on her if need be" she laughed.

I nodded with a smile on my face and went upstairs to Andy's room. I knocked quietly but no one answered so I opened the door to reveal a sleeping Andy.

"Andy, Andyyyy" I whispered loudly while shaking her shoulder.

"G..go away Séan, its sunday let me sleepppp" she yelled back at me. I just laughed

"Andy darling, its monday aka the first day of high school!" I said

"Wh..what? Are freaking kidding me! Because if your here already....ugh I slept in!" She sat straight up and ran into her bathroom to get ready for school. This kind of thing is normal for her, she always over sleeping.  I laid back onto her bed and closed my eyes.

"Séan, oh Séan! Its time to leave, come on you big doof. If we dont leave now we're going to be late" Andy said

She grabs my wrist and pulls me up and out of her room. "Mom, dad, we're leaving! Love you!" Andy yelled into the kitchen

"Love you too honey! Bye Séan!" They said back. I waved and shut the door behind me. We hopped on our bikes and road towards the school.

- time skip to after school-

"So how did you enjoy your first day Andy?" I asked as we walked our bikes on the sidewalk.

"It was okay I guess, I mean I think I've been picked out by the bullies, so that's gonna be fun" she sighed

"Its be okay, I promise. They'll forget about it soon enough" I told her

"Yeah, how was yours Séan?" She asked me

"It was actually pretty great, the soccer coach for jr varsity approached me to ask if I'd consider joining. And I told him I'd think about it" I replied

"Hey that's great! And you'll do great if you decide to join" she said

I smiled at her and we came up on the soda shop that has became our after school hang out.
We left our bikes outside in front of the big front window. We took our usual seats up at the bar.

"Good afternoon Andy, Séan, what can I get you two today?" George asked us both

"I'll take a strawberry milkshake and Séan will have a chocolate one, thanks George!" She replied. He nodded and went into the back kitchen.

Man it still surprises me every time we come in here, she already knows exactly what I want. I I cought myself staring at her when she looked at me and gave me a confused looked. That smile could kill.

"Yes, Séan?" She asked

"Nothing, you just have a bug in your teeth" I told her

"What!? Really? Where? Aghh help me get it out!" She started freaking out, she hates bugs.
I started to laugh which caused her I realize I was joking. Then she gave me the 'look' the look that said she was annoyed with me but thankfully our milkshakes came before she got to annoyed with me.

"Hey Séan, (I looked at her) do you think someone will ever love me, like really love me?" Andy asked

If only she knew that I felt that way about her.

"Yes Andy, someday, someone will love you as much as I do" I told and pulled her into a hug.

"Maybe or maybe not but at least I've got you"she said

"Always" I whispered into the top of her hair.

- TIME SKIP TO 9 MONTHS LATER-

Andy's P.O.V

Ugh I cant wait to be done with school, I'm half way done with  sophomore year. I needed to walk back to my locker before I go to the stands at the practice field to wait for Séan. And as I'm walking I bumb into something.

"Uh um, I'm so sorry" I say as I look up at a red headed boy with dark brown eyes.

"Its fine really, (he chuckled) I'm james by the way. I've seen you around before,  your a sophomore right? I'm a jr" james said

"My names Andy and yeah I am. It's nice to meet you james" I replied

"Can I walk you to where ever your going?" He asked

I thought about it for a quick minute and finally accepted.  We talked to the whole way to my locker and then on to the practice field.

"Andy, would you wanna go on a date with me This friday night?" James asked I could tell he was nervous.

"Sure! Why not right? You can pick me up here at 7" I handed him a piece of paper that had my address on it and winked at him and walked away.

(Hey everyone!  How are you doing today/night? I just wanted to say hey I'm up loading today, well obviously!  And I know I spelled Séan name wrong in earlier chapters but I'm not gonna change it. Thanks for reading!)