Evanescence

"Was I becoming a part of darkness or was darkness becoming a part of me?"
I questioned my inner self even though I couldn't find any answer . It felt as if my existence was fading into the ebony tinted mist . Memories that were engraved deeply into my heart drifted in my front of my eyes like fragments of dust. The smile that I bore , the tears that I shed, the emotions woven into my fantasies and desires, were disappearing. I shoved my thoughts into the back of my mind and pushed the door of my room open.
A stripe of moonlight fell upon my bed revealing a mass of something lying dead on it. The white marble floor was stained with crimson red. The air air recked of blood.
As I came nearer and nearer the mass became more and more familiar.  It was so familiar........
It was cold, it was dark, it was gloomy
my heart skipped a beat as I approached the corpse of someone identical to me. The world spun around me , as I searched for answers .
It was not just someone....
My own thoughts answered all of my questions as I uncovered the forbidden fact that my soul had become forever nonexistent.

It was winter night, cold enough to send shivers down your back ...when I lingered around my ruins preparing myself to exist as a lifeless entity forever and ever.

THE END